Kiribi Kabuto - How is Yours Holding Up?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I've had mine since February 2019. It needs the occasional cleaning to remove flint dust and butane gunk. Other than that, 0 issues. It is a purely indoor lighter though. It will not stand any wind, or breeze, or strong fan.

Reactions: Ryan

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I was gifted a Kiribi Kabuto about five years ago. It’s worked perfectly, but has really seen little use. I’ve got too many other lighters that I like better, mostly just for their looks. The Dunhill Unique tops the list, with the little Sylph coming in a close second, followed by a Rollagas of any vintage. The S.T. DuPont (real) and S.T. DuPont Tribute (fake) are all equally enjoyable to handle and use. The IM Corona Old Boy is hands down the most reliable. If I had to choose only one lighter, that would be it.

IMG_5969.jpeg
Gotta love a Rollagas

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This one is really nice looking. A departure from my usual:

71wpdnkL-eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
Glad I ran across this thread. Was considering one of these but having wasted 40-ish bucks a couple times, I'd pretty much given up on budget grade pipe lighters. Someday I'll buy a Corona or something but Bics and the refillable Clippers are doing just fine for now. Not being a surgeon, I only rarely require a scalpel.

VA_Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2022
Wisconsin
Bought one last year and only used it a few dozen times. The gas nozzle turns on its own - seemingly in connection with igniting. Have to use needle nose pliars to realign it on a regular basis.

I wouldn't recommend. Have a couple of IM Coronas and a few zippos that I prefer and would recommend.