60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
What’s the brouhaha with a video saying daughter and sgt savinelli taking advantage of pipe community?

Haven't heard that. I know certain people in the YTPC were trying to contact Savinelli in an attempt to get them to make a 673 KS pipe called the Matches860 model or "The Friday Savinelli." Many people have a 673 KS because of John.

PhotoGrid_1580771798194.jpg
My 673 KS Savinelli.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
Haven't heard that. I know certain people in the YTPC were trying to contact Savinelli in an attempt to get them to make a 673 KS pipe called the Matches860 model or "The Friday Savinelli." Many people have a 673 KS because of John.

View attachment 301582
My 673 KS Savinelli.
The proprietor of The Pipe Nook made it happen.

n14rl6

Lurker
Nov 9, 2023
Gaithersburg Maryland
A video came out on YouTube 4 months ago with only a recorded message saying slanderous things about John’s daughter and sgt savinelli. I know sgt savinelli is supposed to sell John hoardings pipe collection and money supposed to go to daughter and the wife. Was wondering if anyone knew who made the video.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
I have a Savinelli 673 KS Spring and a Savinelli second 673 in honour of him. I would have never owned a Rhodesian otherwise. I can see why he liked the shape so much.

I never really watched his lives. His other videos before that were what I enjoyed most. Matches860 was a master storyteller. He recounted stories from his life with amazing detail and clarity.

Many of the blends he loved I also do. I don’t know if I would have tried all the blends he liked if it weren’t for his videos. I would have to say I’m a burley lover, too. Haunted Bookshop is my favourite blend.

One thing that might have caused me some suffering from tongue bite as a new pipe smoker watching his videos was the Matches860 cadence. He said he was lucky to get 30 minutes out of a bowl. I found out later to slow down a bit and dump ashes from time to time.

Lots of what he had to say resonates with me and I’m grateful he contributed what he did. We are lucky to still have his videos to watch. May those videos and comments remain as a lasting tribute to his memory. John was a wonderful human being.

Thanks an awful lot, Matches860, for helping me as a pipe smoker.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Today the 673 KS rusticated Dolomiti arrived!
I am more than happy with it - the stem looks better than in pictures, as does the rustication and overall look.
Very comfortable to hold in the hand. The size is just perfect. Open draw as well.
It also have the classic rhodesian/bulldog rings which I dig.

And of course it will remind me of Matches860 and the Friday Savinelli.
Not to mention all the good-spirited threads and comments about him.

Last edited: