PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Broke the stem off of my boswell freehand, now i only have one. I have to go send it out to get a new one. I guess walker briar works is the place

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Yeah, got plenty of pipes, but that was one of my favorites, pretty new to me, but still a good smoke

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Got it from an estate of a friend, looks like he had done something to the stem, maybe he tried to make it fit better, i dont know. Either way im kind of bummed

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
It happens. Since you have plenty of pipes, you could do what I do which to store them up until I have a four or five to send in which can take years but when you send them out and get them back, its like Christmas!

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
go to Boswell`s site. you can send your bowl and they will make a new stem for it.

i think around 20 bucks.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I won a Peterson Supreme with a broken stem and sent it to Mary Ann Keller, 208B Evergreen Circle, Tobyhanna, Pa. 18466. mak11@ptd.net She did a great job as it is a perfect fit and looks just like the original--only without the break and oxidation. It was gone less than two weeks and much less expensive. I will send her my next problem.

Jul 12, 2011
I would give the Boswell's a call, they are great people and do some really nice hand-cut stems, on that freehand I see perhaps one of their twist-type lucite/pearlized stems :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The language used by some of you guys reflects your ignorance and total lack of etiquette. You probably don't even realize

how you embarrass yourselves and reveal your substandard upbringing. And such expressions over a broken stem? What do you

spew forth when things go really badly? Wow, has our society become so dissipated that we tacitly accept such usage

in public forums and publications?
You're lucky I'm not a mod, or those posts would have been toast! Post Toasties! :rofl:

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I think it's a matter of what is public decorum. When in mixed company a general rule is to go the route of the least offensive for whomever has the highest standards.
While my mouth probably wouldn't be the friendliest if it happened to me, I'd make sure it was in better shape by the time I started telling the story to others... :roll:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Here we go....blah,blah,blah..your stupid and a pig without morals,in my house you would be stoned to death for such profane utterings...

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
:crazy: Oy vey....I struggled for quite some time on whether this should be addressed via PM or public post, and decided on the latter.
1. The thread title was in asterisks so as NOT to offend people. Choosing to venture into such a thread should imply you might be in for something raunchy.
2. If someone's language is offensive, in any situation, handle it one on one. That's the mature thing. Generalizations that insult people's intelligence or upbringing are absolutely uncalled for.
3. Cursing exists, and has existed, in both upper class and lower class, higher education and no education, right wing and left wing. Also, this site if for pipe smokers, meaning we expect you to be old enough to see an R rated movie. Therefore, you should be able to handle some exposure to language that some of us prefer to use in times like this, even if you prefer not to partake.
Lastly, in regards to the OP........That f***in sucks balls man!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The language used by some of you guys reflects your ignorance and total lack of etiquette. You probably don't even realize

how you embarrass yourselves and reveal your substandard upbringing
Well,I'm surprised you can even notice us lowly peons whilst you peer down your nose at us from you lofty abode.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
So....
Lesseee....
Judge people that I don't know, based upon my assumptions and prejudices, on their ignorance and parentage simply for using implied language.....check
Use ***** to represent profanity....uncheck
Thanks!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

how you embarrass yourselves and reveal your substandard upbringing
CORTEZ,I believe the quote realy applies to you more than anyone else....

Status
Not open for further replies.