PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
I found some reading for you
This is a great thread

Can you my friend, tell me from these 3 kinds of aromatic tobaccos that I bought, SavinelI Black Cavendish, Mac Baren Special choice and Virginia Vanilla Honeybrew, which one I should re-try first to dry it out on the Sun? I would like to know which one of these has the sweetest aroma for those that are nearby me and which one tastes better for one who is looking for a sweet and soft flavor with less nicotine. Thank you very much.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Welcome from Alabama, USA. Give it time for you taste to develop. As time goes on, you will start to taste more and more. It’s a journey now a race.

buggy63

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Birmingham. England
Hi! My name is Ed Pazikas, I am a 58 old age Swedish and new in the tobacco world. Yes, I never smoked before and decided to have a start on tobacco pipe due to issues I have with loneliness, depression and pressure at work. The reason who led me to pipe smoking over other options it is because I appreciate and like the nostalgia, I like and use for example straight razors for shaving, and I ride an old motorcycle.
i want to learn from you and confess I am a bit disappointed with my first smokes, because I am looking for fragrance aromatic tobaccos, I tried SavinelI Black Cavendish, Mac Baren Special choice and Virginia Vanilla Honeybrew in search for the aroma in the air and a sweet taste in the mouth while smoking but haven’t found it. Anyone can help and have a proposal on which choice should I try? Thank you! Ed
sorry for your problems in life. good luck in the hunt for the perfect tobacco. I always remember a Danish tobacco simply called Danish no2 blend which was very nice.

Reactions: epazikas
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Hi! My name is Ed Pazikas, I am a 58 old age Swedish and new in the tobacco world. Yes, I never smoked before and decided to have a start on tobacco pipe due to issues I have with loneliness, depression and pressure at work. The reason who led me to pipe smoking over other options it is because I appreciate and like the nostalgia, I like and use for example straight razors for shaving, and I ride an old motorcycle.
i want to learn from you and confess I am a bit disappointed with my first smokes, because I am looking for fragrance aromatic tobaccos, I tried SavinelI Black Cavendish, Mac Baren Special choice and Virginia Vanilla Honeybrew in search for the aroma in the air and a sweet taste in the mouth while smoking but haven’t found it. Anyone can help and have a proposal on which choice should I try? Thank you! Ed
Hello and Welcome from Neighboring Finland, I.d suggest You to Try this very Greve Gilbert Hamiltons Blanding, its a legedary Swedish OTC blend

Reactions: epazikas and simong

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
No St. Bruno tobacco in Sweden… 😔
I'm not sure but I think a few of our Swedish brethren order tobacco from 'The Danish Pipe Shop' in Copenhagen.

There's a couple of 'Skandos' who post here so hopefully they will chime in with some advice.

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Hello from the USA!

Maybe try C&D Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose (chocolate/marshmallow with quality VA backing) or perhaps Boswell's Berry Cobbler (for a fruitier direction). Both quality tobacco in an aromatic style. The former is something i will still smoke once in a while, the latter every once in a great while. However, i am not an aromatic fan, so this is about as far as my recommendations go. But with 20 yrs on the pipe i still think these are good and worth a shot.

Good luck on your pipe journey and enjoy the ride! ;)

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Welcome! I just returned from a trip to your fine country a couple weeks ago (Stockholm). As to an aromatic tobacco, the only one I found I enjoy (a lot) is Homeward Bound (Two Friends Tobacco), but I'm not sure that's considered an aromatic, maybe more like a crossover. That one I would recommend to aromatic and non-aromatic smokers.