PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi! My name is Ed Pazikas, I am a 58 old age Swedish and new in the tobacco world. Yes, I never smoked before and decided to have a start on tobacco pipe due to issues I have with loneliness, depression and pressure at work. The reason who led me to pipe smoking over other options it is because I appreciate and like the nostalgia, I like and use for example straight razors for shaving, and I ride an old motorcycle.
i want to learn from you and confess I am a bit disappointed with my first smokes, because I am looking for fragrance aromatic tobaccos, I tried SavinelI Black Cavendish, Mac Baren Special choice and Virginia Vanilla Honeybrew in search for the aroma in the air and a sweet taste in the mouth while smoking but haven’t found it. Anyone can help and have a proposal on which choice should I try? Thank you! Ed
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: epazikas

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Welcome from Texas. Lots of good information here.
Thank you my friend!
Welcome, Ed! Glad you found us. As someone who has also suffered from depression I hope that pipe smoking can be a refreshment to you as it has to me.

If you’re looking for a sweet tasting and smelling tobacco I’d recommend Mac Baren 7 Seas Regular.
Thank you very much for your tips and for advising. I truly hope that pipe smoking will bring me back to life….

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Th
Welcome from South Africa 🇿🇦. Hope you'll find that blend you’re looking for. Try some Peterson Sweet Killarney.
thank you for your tip! Just noted down and will have a try, today I purchased a tin of Samuel Gawith Black Forest for the first time. Any experience with that one? My next shop will be Peterson Sweet Killarney, I think this one is available around here. How is it pipe smoking in South Africa, I imagine it is much more popular than in Europe.
Welcome from South Africa 🇿🇦. Hope you'll find that blend your looking for. Try some Peterson Sweet Killarney.

Reactions: Bles

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Warm welcome from the South (of Europe): Athens, Greece.
If it's the sweetness you're looking for, Molto Dolce is for you. Not so easy to find perhaps in Europe but you'll remember me if you do...
Keep calm and carry on brother.
Thank you my friend! I should try to find it. i am noting down all of these recommendations and must to say I am feeling better already by your welcoming! This community seems to be a family like group.

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Hello and Welcome from Neighboring Finland, I.d suggest You to Try this very Greve Gilbert Hamiltons Blanding, its a legedary Swedish OTC blend
Terje! So nice to hear you are from Finland! Finland is in my dna also, as I was told my grand grand parents were originally from Karelia and Finland.
Thanks for sharing this blend, I will have a look!
how popular is pipe smoking in Finland by the way?
Kiitos, Ed

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Terje! So nice to hear you are from Finland! Finland is in my dna also, as I was told my grand grand parents were originally from Karelia and Finland.
Thanks for sharing this blend, I will have a look!
how popular is pipe smoking in Finland by the way?
Kiitos, Ed
Terve , one is for sure, our countries have close & deep relationship,my late father spend his boyhood in souther Sweden during WW 2 , as far as to popularity of pipesmoking, I think we are on pair with Sweden, nontheless prices for tobacco products are here about 20% higher than in Sweden

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
Hello from BC, Canada. Call Hiland’s Cigars in Arizona, USA and see if they will send you a pound each of Black Gold and Black Gold Plus. Their customer service is top notch like 4noggins.com. It’s definitely worth it and will last a long time.

The tobaccos are excellent black cavendish aromatics that I smoked all the time when I first started. They are wet and goopy but once it lights it won’t burn your tongue even if you puff fast. I never even dried it. I think it’s exactly what you are looking for: sweet and pleasant smelling. Those tobaccos are the same but Plus has a tiny amount of Virginia added.

Good luck with your journey!

Bles

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2024
Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Th

thank you for your tip! Just noted down and will have a try, today I purchased a tin of Samuel Gawith Black Forest for the first time. Any experience with that one? My next shop will be Peterson Sweet Killarney, I think this one is available around here. How is it pipe smoking in South Africa, I imagine it is much more popular than in Europe.
The pipe smoking community in South Africa is not one of the biggest but at least it is growing, especially under the younger generation. We have a few Facebook groups which helps a lot.

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
T
Hello from BC, Canada. Call Hiland’s Cigars in Arizona, USA and see if they will send you a pound each of Black Gold and Black Gold Plus. Their customer service is top notch like 4noggins.com. It’s definitely worth it and will last a long time.

The tobaccos are excellent black cavendish aromatics that I smoked all the time when I first started. They are wet and goopy but once it lights it won’t burn your tongue even if you puff fast. I never even dried it. I think it’s exactly what you are looking for: sweet and pleasant smelling. Those tobaccos are the same but Plus has a tiny amount of Virginia added.

Good luck with your journey!
thank you for your tip and message, I will try to find this Canadian brand over here….i guess it wouldn’t work to by online directly from Canada….

Reactions: BrightDarkEyes

epazikas

Lurker
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Terve , one is for sure, our countries have close & deep relationship,my late father spend his boyhood in souther Sweden during WW 2 , as far as to popularity of pipesmoking, I think we are on pair with Sweden, nontheless prices for tobacco products are here about 20% higher than in Sweden
Wow…20% more e pensive than in Sweden!? That is too much. I found some tobacco sellers in Germany that have reasonably prices, but I haven’t ordered from them yet. I would guess there shouldn’t be more taxes since we are still in the EU. Other countries like Denmark even doesn’t ship tobacco to Sweden, so I guess since Germany does, it wouldn’t apply in extra taxes.