Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love being on my patio here in Maryland, and in Louisiana. When Winter is over, I always feel like I've been a prisoner for four months. So, the occasional Zippo (but, I'm pretty adept at using match on breezy days).

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Just got mine. So far so good 😊. It’s been lighting every time. Definitely an upgrade from the ZPipe. Wish it had flame adjust, but not a deal breaker. Since it’s shielded on one side, it is more wind resistant than my Peterson. Still nothing compared to a regular Zippo pipe insert or my IMCOs when it comes to the wind though. Would have been nice if it was offered in the brass colour.

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Just got mine. So far so good 😊. It’s been lighting every time. Definitely an upgrade from the ZPipe. Wish it had flame adjust, but not a deal breaker. Since it’s shielded on one side, it is more wind resistant than my Peterson. Still nothing compared to a regular Zippo pipe insert or my IMCOs when it comes to the wind though. Would have been nice if it was offered in the brass colour.
Thanks for your thoughts! You’ve definitely got me considering buying one now.

You mentioned the zpipe but have you tried a thunderbird insert?

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Thanks for your thoughts! You’ve definitely got me considering buying one now.

You mentioned the zpipe but have you tried a thunderbird insert?
No, I haven’t tried the thunderbird. The ZPipe was the only one I could find up here until the Zippo. I’ll keep you updated as I use the Zippo insert more.

Reactions: AroEnglish