PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ha, well… I joined a printmakers collective to use their presses to make art, and they put me in charge of the damned grouo where I don’t even know everyone’s names. Then our condo at the beach elected me in charge of there. Then, the city put me on the board for the arts council.
Half the shit I’ve been put in charge of, I was never asked. They just talk to me for ten minutes and elect me for shit. Maybe it’s my beard… I have no idea.

Our city just ousted the mayor. I will be hiding at the condo till that shit passes over, ha ha. I really don’t want to do that.
I shave so maybe it's just the ability to grow a beard.

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I had a very nice night! Weather wasn't great, so there only six of us.

I asked a lot of questions and many tips were shared unsolicited. A woman in the group salvaged a bowl for me that I packed way too tight. I learned quite bit about drinks and tobacco pairings as well as peoples' tobacco preferences based on mood, activity or time of day. Such an array of pipes too. From Missouri Meerchaums to vintage Petersons. My Meer got a lot of props!

Lots of non-pipe talk as well. Music, art, travel. I listened in on a fantastic (and civil) discussion between a Hungarian atheist and a Presbyterian about heaven and hell. Civil discussion is a lost art!

I scored some major points when I pulled out a local ESB from a brewery where two in the group were mug club members. I brought three tobaccos and shared my Stanwell Melange with the group's president which happened to be one of his personal favorites.

I found that it is customary for members to buy some tobacco from the shop, which was great as two of the three I brought were purchased there. In the short time I've been smoking pipes it's always been a private event for me, but I really enjoyed sharing the event with like-minded folks. Already looking forward to next month's meeting.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Pretty much everything's been covered. I like bringing enough to share to my club. I pack a bowl then leave the jar/tin on the table for others to smoke if they wish. I bring a handful of blends and a few pipes, just so I have options. The only thing I don't bring is cigars - I buy those at the shop if I decide to smoke one. This is my way of supporting my local b&m. I'll buy tins of pipe tobacco if they have anything I enjoy. I also don't bring drinks. My shop serves all the drinks I enjoy, and they're not overpriced. Again, this is just a small way for me to support and thank my shop for letting us host our club there.
Lastly, I bring anything I don't want. Tins, jarred blends, pipes, etc. Anything I won't smoke or want to get rid of I just tell anybody they can take it. If nobody wants it, the shop will sometimes take it or I just take it back home.

Hope you enjoy your club. It's been one of the greatest things I've ever been a part of. I'm blessed to have a really awesome club and b&m that supports us. Good luck!