OMG! An Unsmoked 1991 Dunhill for a Mere ........

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Konstantin Shekita Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
2 Fresh Pete Prevost Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
$2100 !

Title edited for caps and brevity. See rule 9.

Listed now in estates section on a very popular site, which shall go unnamed. Such a deal. And it comes with a little white dot on the stem ! No matter that you could cut your finger on the edge at the top of the bowl. Such subtlety !! I mean who the ef designs these things and then wants $2100 ?
Wait I forgot, I already have a Bentley and a trophy wife, but maybe I still need something to impress those entering my office. Maybe that little white spot would do it. Who can doubt that it would be worth the price ? At only $2100 I better buy it post haste.
What planet am I on ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Price is subjective. $85 for a carton of Camel Wides isn't something that I find unbearable, $2100 for a pipe is something that someone with more money than me would find an easy purchase. If they hadn't sold for such prices, they couldn't command such prices. Buyers are to blame for that one.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
@mngslvs
How bizarre! I was thinking of starting this thread myself, kid you not.
I was browsing the estate pipe sections on my preferred dealers and was blown away by some of the prices being asked for some of the Danish pipes.
Are they really that good?

I'm a huge fan of Dunhills, particularly the older sand blasts, which of course we all know to be pricey. But, I do like them, so I'm willing to pay up. But they're reasonably priced if one compares to some of the Danish pipes.
That Lars Iverson that Zero has posted, for example, 8k! seriously.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Price is subjective. $85 for a carton of Camel Wides isn't something that I find unbearable, $2100 for a pipe is something that someone with more money than me would find an easy purchase. If they hadn't sold for such prices, they couldn't command such prices. Buyers are to blame for that one.
Ugh....camel cartons are 102.00 in Wisconsin.... Ugh

I bitch, but yet continue on! Lol

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
No better than a pipe between $100 and $500, it's just that people have paid that for them and that's what they'll go for. This was made for me for $600, and is easily just as good if not better.

View attachment 199210
I don't doubt it Embers.

What is all the hype with the Danish pipes? I guess it's a result of our own doing, or rather some of our briar brethren.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Long time family lines and the artistry of chasing the grain. I love the designs themselves and they do have a big market even at those prices.
I do understand the thing about chasing the grain and that some of the designs really are very impressive.
But when one see's a straight billiard for 1000's of dollars, you've got to ask yourself, "huh?".