Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I wish they’d do a green RUA type contrast stain.
Green stain is notoriously difficult to do, If you remember the Racing Green line, they were pipes that started out green but quickly faded to not green after about 12 smokes or any exposure to sunlight. Just about every attempt Peterson has made to use green stain has ended quickly in failure.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Green stain is notoriously difficult to do, If you remember the Racing Green line, they were pipes that started out green but quickly faded to not green after about 12 smokes or any exposure to sunlight. Just about every attempt Peterson has made to use green stain has ended quickly in failure.
I wish they’d figure out how to do it.
Last years SP day pipes were underwhelming but better than 2022 and this year must be finished in the classic “ Failed to know my Customer Base finish”
2000 & 2017 have been my favorites.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Absolutely true. I had a racing green pipe which turned puke green/ olive drab. It was terrible. Although they are pretty, I've not purchased another green stained pipe because of that experience. (And the continued experiences of others)

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
That band is way too loud and contrasting in a bad way, and doesn't go with any of the stummel finishes. I see lots of pipes that aren't my style, but I can still say they look good even though I don't like them. These? They're downright hideous.

I'd have rather seen them resurrect an old offering than this, if this was the best idea they could come up with.