PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Its tradition for me to always get the St Patrick's day release, which I have done since 2010.

Honestly dont see all the hate they're getting. I mean, its got green on it for a reason.

One thing I am not a fan of is the constant mark up they keep adding each time a seasonal release comes about.

But to each their own. There is a reason I do not own more than 1 genuine meerschaum, and its because I think white pipes just dont look right. Smokes amazing, but the aesthetics are all wrong to my simple brain.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Than
View attachment 279591

Mark Irwin's Peterson Pipe Notes blog focused it's latest post on the upcoming release of the 2024 SPD pipe. There were a few extra pictures and a bit more information about this years offering for those who are interested.
Thank you for the link ! That was very informative. So they are not just caps but formed mounts like many found on artisan pipes and some french designs like Butz-Choquin of a few years ago. That shade of green doesn't appeal to me as much as a Jade green would. I think a silver or nickel ring would add some appeal though. Unfortunately, I think I have purchased my last pipe already ... a Peterson Pub Pipe. We'll see ... the PAD is strong here ... resistance may be futile ... :)