PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Jaysin: Nice ! Enjoy the pipe.
Cyndi: Try a 408 with a Fishtail. I've noticed it has a more open draw than my other Pete's. And I only have one P-Lip, which I don't enjoy as much either.
(you know you're a pipe smoker if you know what that meant :rofl: )

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have one Pete - a second, actually, with a slight bowl surface mark - that is neither system or P lip. Smokes very well.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice 999, a favorite shape of mine. I didn't much care for the two p-lips I had (both sold) but the wife bought me the Zippo set with a Rocky Donegal fishtail billiard. It smokes pretty darn well. I'm holding out for a 999 Rosslare in Royal Irish finish...

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
i am not sure what i think of the p lip i didnt have a choice in this as it was part of a deal a random pete pipe tobacco and some other stuff

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
The 999 shape is very nice. Not as classic in my opinion as the 9438 that GBD made, but very nice. The P lip can be a good thing, but I prefer the fishtail. Rhodesians are a favorite shape of mine, and a 999 in the rusticated finish of the Kildare line would be a nice addition. As to the comparison above with Savinelli, I have several of both Peterson, and Savinelli pipes. The upper end Savinellis have nicer grain, but Peterson drills all of their pipes well. I have never owned one that did not draw well, and I have owned some Savinellis that needed to be opened up a bit. Petersons have fills, they are a bit clunky in some shapes, but they just smoke well. Kinda like a Toyota, they just don't let you down IMO.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The P-Lip is a love/hate thing. Personally I love my P-Lip Arans. Great draw to them and for a lower end price they smoke very well. I only have one Savinelli to compare to my three Petes so far, but I have to say I like the Savinelli Caramella also. Great draw and grain, smokes wonderfully too. I really think you can't go wrong with a Pete or Sav, but I do advise to try the P-Lip out on a lower end line or cheaper estate since it's such a love/hate thing.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
like i said this is my first higher end pipe and when i say that i mean non drugstore pipe. i got it in a package deal

Status
Not open for further replies.