Votes: 89 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
I use the BJL 6.5" standard cleaners. I habitually pinch the cleaner and run my fingers down 2 or 3 times before use, removing the loose material first.

For most pipes, I can run it in once from each end without getting the heavily soiled portion back into the stem. Then, it gets folded in half and used in the chamber.

Finally the dirty, folded cleaner goes into an 8 ounce tobacco can with the plastic lid to contain the smell and mess until garbage day.

My ash gets dumped into a tall shot glass with a flared opening and a small plastic lid on top. When full, it is dumped into a ziplock bag residing near the trash can.

These two measures, along with my exhausting box fan, have kept my tobacco hating Mrs satisfied.

View attachment 47434
Exactly jay, do the same thing, give it a hard pull a couple of times and no fluff. Ok, ok, I’ll get some shit for the wording but it works.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I use the BJL 6.5" standard cleaners. I habitually pinch the cleaner and run my fingers down 2 or 3 times before use, removing the loose material first.

For most pipes, I can run it in once from each end without getting the heavily soiled portion back into the stem. Then, it gets folded in half and used in the chamber.

Finally the dirty, folded cleaner goes into an 8 ounce tobacco can with the plastic lid to contain the smell and mess until garbage day.

My ash gets dumped into a tall shot glass with a flared opening and a small plastic lid on top. When full, it is dumped into a ziplock bag residing near the trash can.

These two measures, along with my exhausting box fan, have kept my tobacco hating Mrs satisfied.

View attachment 47434
You're more careful than most labs in Wuhan. No nicotine is going to escape you and contaminate the neighborhood!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I only use BJ Long Tapered Fluffies and BJ Long Tapered Bristle. I buy them when in stock at PC as they are only 2.00 a package. I buy 25 packs of each at a time as I don't believe in ever running out of anything I need. I go through a ton when I clean my pipes. I rarely ever use one while smoking and only if a piece of tobacco gets stuck. None of my pipes ever gurgle from moisture, if it did I would get rid of it.

In my experience no one makes a better pipe cleaner than BJ Long they are the Rolls Royce of pipe cleaners. Yes I own a 40 percent share of the company and love pimping my product.

I wish I owned 10 percent never mind 40.
BJ Long pipe cleaners suck ass

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I am not sure what was said that warranted a vote, but I voted "NO" not because I don't use them, but I couldn't stand the idea of their being no dissent. If we get more NO votes, can we pass a rule that says that no one can use them? puffy

Let them wear, I mean use.. pipe cleaners if they want to. I just don't see the need for a mandate.

Last edited:

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Use ‘em. But not obsessively...
DON‘T reuse them! To me, its like recycling toilet paper, or saving and re-smoking your dottle ...?. Just don’t, please, for your health and all... $2.00/100! $0.02 each? C’mon guys (& gals)...

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Spot on! My routine to a "T" every time... ?