Premier League, Championship League, League One, etc.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
New Accessories
3 Fresh Davide Iafisco Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
The away goal rule is no longer applicable, they got rid of it a few seasons ago. Bad for City, good for Arsenal. But yeah, I reckon City will still go through. Arsenal could be at the end of their road I reckon. Hard to see anyone stopping City retaining the cup now.
I forgot about that. There was I thinking the away goals could be important but that's all null and void, now. I agree about City and Arsenal. I think City will have too much for Madrid, especially at Maine Road. BTW, I'm aware that it's the Etihad now but I still refer to the old grounds whenever I speak about a team. I still refer to Arsenal playing at Highbury even though it's been gone for years. The old stadiums had cool sounding names with decades of history. Now, they've sold that all out for naming rights😒.

Can't see Arsenal getting a result in Munich. Both ties are finely poised, tho. I'll be watching the City v Madrid game while keeping an eye on the Arsenal score on my tablet.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
The Saints just beat Coventry yesterday 2-1... Southampton is pretty firmly locked into 4th place in the Championship. I guess we'll have to make it back to the prem the hard way... the playoff. It's a shame that Ward-Prowse left the club last year. He was a Southampton player his entire career until he left for West Ham and I bet if he had stayed we might've been able to finish in the top 2 this year in the Championship.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Ah, Ward-Prowse—saw him in our last game—Was watching him intently as a possible Spurs candidate last year, but he ended up with the Hammers.
Yeah it's unfortunate.

Virgil Van Dijk, Luke Shaw, Sadio Mane, Gareth Bale, Ward-Prowse, Nathaniel Clyne, Nathan Tella, Dusan Tadic, Hojbjerg... If Southampton was ever able to hold on to some of their talent they would've been playing in the Champions League by now haha. For awhile there it was like Southampton was a farm team for Liverpool with how many players were being transferred over there.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
They need to bounce back and somehow turn Bayern Munich over. They could still win both the Premier League and the Champions League but I don't see either of those things happening.
Yeah. But that won't happen. They are Arsenal at the end of the day. When it matters, they go missing. They do the exact opposite of what championship winning teams do, they bottle it at the crucial moments. Teams who win leagues/CLs will stand up at these moments. Arsenal shrink, this is typical of them. A sound beating coming up against Bayern on the back of this now.

dPero

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2022
Stafilic
Looking forward to the games, tonight. Who do you think is going to win? I expect City and Bayern to do the business. Both ties are finally poised, tho. I'd like to see a City v PSG final.
I don’t like to see that final. Think both games are 50/50. With Real you never know and Bayren is in trouble- players, Tuchel… lot of bad energy. Aresenal had great game with Villa but lost so will be intresting

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No love lost for either team but those results may well determine whether there's a 5th CL spot for the Premier. Doesn't look good for the Spurs- either to gain 4th, or 5th for that matter.

Reactions: WerewolfOfLondon

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Any Chelsea supporters on the forum, no? Didn't think so, like policeman, never around when you want one.

Just in case there's any of the lairy boot boys lurking, the score was:
Arsenal 5 Chelsea 0.......lovely! 🙂

Jason cundy won't have so much to say on tonight's talk sport! Lol
Love it, what a shame he's not on the forum.