Premier League, Championship League, League One, etc.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Davide Iafisco Pipes
48 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
10 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Big game this Sunday - Man City v Arsenal - a real 6 pointer. Can't see City losing at home but we'll see. It's on Sky Sports in the UK and I get that as part of the F1 package I signed up to so I'll be watching. Could be a great game.

Who do you think will win?
Am I right in saying that Stones and Walker are both out? A good chance for Arsenal. Or I should say that's as good a chance as you're going to get with City. Still though, I expect them to bottle it as they normally do. But, IF they can win, then it is all there for them.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and simong
Jun 9, 2018
England
Am I right in saying that Stones and Walker are both out? A good chance for Arsenal. Or I should say that's as good a chance as you're going to get with City. Still though, I expect them to bottle it as they normally do. But, IF they can win, then it is all there for them.
Yeah, I read that Guardiola said they were both out. Still can't see Arsenal beating them, tho. I think City will have too much for them.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's specific enough! It may well be so.

I'm guessing 3-2 win for City.

Win lose or draw,* it should be fabulous game.

* just noticed I parroted you, although the expression isn't that uncommon!

Reactions: simong

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
That's specific enough! It may well be so.

I'm guessing 3-2 win for City.

Win lose or draw,* it should be fabulous game.

* just noticed I parroted you, although the expression isn't that uncommon!
That sounds like a good prediction. Arsenal should be able to score with two of City's best defensive players out. And with the blond Andy Carroll up front City can easily score that many. That said, I do hope Arsenal can somehow sneak a win. Then the cat really will be amongst the pigeons.

cademars53

Lurker
Mar 24, 2024
Edmonton
skysports-martin-odegaard-arsenal_6152333.jpg

Gunner fan here!

Reactions: simong
Jun 9, 2018
England
The Man City v Real game last night was awesome. Really looking forward to the 2nd leg next week. I think City will come out on top, those 3 away goals could make all the difference. The Arsenal v Bayern tie is finely poised, as well.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
The Man City v Real game last night was awesome. Really looking forward to the 2nd leg next week. I think City will come out on top, those 3 away goals could make all the difference. The Arsenal v Bayern tie is finely poised, as well.
The away goal rule is no longer applicable, they got rid of it a few seasons ago. Bad for City, good for Arsenal. But yeah, I reckon City will still go through. Arsenal could be at the end of their road I reckon. Hard to see anyone stopping City retaining the cup now.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
The away goal rule is no longer applicable, they got rid of it a few seasons ago. Bad for City, good for Arsenal. But yeah, I reckon City will still go through. Arsenal could be at the end of their road I reckon. Hard to see anyone stopping City retaining the cup now.
Stop it with them ‘negative waves’ man. I reckon the Arsenal will win everything this season.🙂