PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That's what i was thinking. I never understood the draw for anyone over 8 years old.
there is some cool stuff there. But what's sucks. Is when I went they had a slow season and a nearly empty park is great. There is something fun about walking through an empty line area and seeing a sign that says 2 hour wait from this point. And then if you liked the ride being able to get back on almost right away.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm pretty good at mimicking celebrity autographs. I got in trouble at Disneyland with my girls about 15 years ago, by signing autograph books with "Keep the Magic Alive, Walt Disney". I did one, while waiting in line for a character, the next thing I knew, I had my own line. Eventually a Dad came up to me and complained. I said, your kid just got in line, and that's not really Goofy up there signing his name either".

It is magic for those under 10, enjoy!

Reactions: shermnatman

Buddiece

Lurker
Dec 5, 2023
That sounds like a wonderful plan, @shanez! Taking your daughter to Disneyland is a great way to celebrate her 4th birthday, and I'm sure it will be a magical experience for her. Disneyland has a way of making dreams come true, and watching your little one's eyes light up with excitement is truly special.
It's also nice to hear that you had some relaxing moments with a Baccarat cigar outside the hotel last night. Balancing family time and personal relaxation can make the whole trip even more enjoyable.
Speaking of fun amusement parks, if you ever find yourselves in different parts of the US and want to explore more amusement parks, you can check out this list of the best ones.

Jan 27, 2020
One of my very favorite adult trips was to Disneyland but I never actually entered the park. Some bar/restaurant I use to hang at raised money to take two long term employees there on vacation as they had never been on a vacation and I volunteered as a driver as only one out of the three had a license. I declined going in as I knew I'd be a grump but would drop them off and pick them up at the end of the day. I'll tell you- nothing has warmed my heart in the same way as seeing those three walking towards the car with each wearing a different Disney character themed hat. We did the whole thing, including driving from NYC to Orlando in under a week, leaving late Sunday night and returning on Friday so they could all make their weekend shifts. I will always remember that trip with the utmost fondness. Dreams really do come true!

Reactions: shanez and jguss
Jan 27, 2020
@shanez did you go to that piano bar where they never fail to play Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" every hour? I forget what section of Disneyland it was...