60 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
I usually smoke about 3-6 bowls a day. Tried some Royal Yacht for the first time today. Finishing a bowl as I type. Had a sandwich. Smoked a bowl. And I’m sitting here with a little nic buzz like I’m a high schooler with a pinch of Copenhagen. Didn’t really expect this from this straight Va blend. I guess this is an after dinner smoke.

dctune

So I've heard. I am one of those who likes the Yacht, and I've enjoyed a few tins, and have one in waiting. I might get a little bump from RY, but not that I've noticed. It's just flavorful and a good burn.
It is quite flavorful. I enjoyed it. Maybe it was the empty-ish stomach. I was hungry and just eaten a small sandwich for a late lunch. Was kind of absentmindedly puffing while working on some other things, taking phone calls, etc. Then it just hit me. Looking forward to the rest of the tin. But I’ll probably enjoy it after a proper meal from now on.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Yeah i had Crooner for the first time yesterday. Very pleasant smoke and I noticed the nic but to me it wasn't as strong as RY, although that one to me is not as strong as Irish Flake. Crooner is the old timey smell I have smelled in some old estate pipes but didn't know what blend it was. Now I know as that smell is unique to Crooner or possibly the other few blends with deer tongue or its equivalent.

i am going to have to revisit the RY as I remember enjoying it but with so many blends to smoke it kind of just got away from me.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
how you smoke a blend can effect the nicotine uptake. Sometimes something you find tasty or smoke faster will dump more nicotine into your system faster. I guess what I should say with smoking it is never a straight this tobacco has this much nicotine so that's how much your system will get. There are lots of ins and outs going on. Including how you smoke or even body chemistry. I find wheter a blend is strong or medium if I don't pay attention and chug a lug like a steam train I can get a touch woozy.

Singularis

Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
An article on the SP blog compared Dreams of Kadath to RY, and what do you know, the stuff has made me queazy a couple times (have to take it easy on a small bowl). I’ve never smoked RY but now I know what the nic hit would be like.

Reactions: dctune

Reggie

Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
so that's where they get it from? Mind if I ask where it grows on you? ;P Just kidding. I really want to try this one it sounds very good to me.
I am a sucker for the full bodied Virginias and light plum flavoring. The nic hit is a bonus. Never bites. It does have a few rough edges that I kind of like. As far as where it grows, I would probably have to reply “In my Beard”.?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I am a sucker for the full bodied Virginias and light plum flavoring. The nic hit is a bonus. Never bites. It does have a few rough edges that I kind of like. As far as where it grows, I would probably have to reply “In my Beard”.?
Ignoring the bit about the beard. It sounds right up my alley. I love all kinds of blends but I have to admit that Va is my go to and light flavoring is where it's at for me.