PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Agree about the nic hit of RY. I was so incapacitated after the first bowl that I gave away the rest of the tin to a longtime cigarette smoker who loves RY. Now that the years have passed, I'm tempted to give it another try.

Reactions: Ted Vig

alexishector

Lurker
Dec 23, 2023
It is quite flavorful. I enjoyed it. Maybe it was the empty-ish stomach. I was hungry and just eaten a small sandwich for a late lunch. Was kind of absentmindedly puffing while working on some other things GoCharter boat Charter, etc. Looking forward to the rest of the tin. But I’ll probably enjoy it after a proper meal from now on.
I picked up some Royal Yacht at The Humidor Pipe Shop in Huntsville Ala. this weekend. Btw, that is a great shop and the people were very friendly and patient with my Newbie questions. Anyway, the flavor was alright I guess and the Vitamin N was good, but it made me have a burning sensation in the back of my throat. Has anyone else had a tobacco treat them this way?

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
Only happened to me with Royal Yatch and Haddo's Delight. I think it's something with the sauce used and the ph of the leaf.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Royal Yuck the sister of Erinmore R.R - one smells slightly better than the other, that being my personal opinion and my feelings about R.Y are well know on here and involves a staple gun, nut sack and a small gnome!

Not sure if you read my little story before.

When I first started with a pipe in the early 80s, RY, Erinmore, and EMP where a few blends I started out on. All I can say, when Murray made these, they were absolutely amazing back then, classics in their own right. I’m truly grateful I was able to experience these amazing blends back then.

I’ve not smoked any of these blends under STG/Peterson, but I was recently gifted some Peterson RY, haven’t opened it yet.

I really believe in their early days, Dunhill and Murray were legends of the past. :)

Sacred_summit

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
Is there any other name for the tobacco, or is it just Royal Yacht? I need to try some of this stuff!
I have vertical limit that is awaiting to be opened (Far too many tobacco blends on the go from ordering bulk samples in jars) before I start opening my tinned stuff. I thought that was a stronger blend, is it comparable to Royal Yacht?

At either rate, I'm always smoking on an empty stomach this month. I'm 23 days into my water fast! 7-10 days to go.

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
Is there any other name for the tobacco, or is it just Royal Yacht? I need to try some of this stuff!
I have vertical limit that is awaiting to be opened (Far too many tobacco blends on the go from ordering bulk samples in jars) before I start opening my tinned stuff. I thought that was a stronger blend, is it comparable to Royal Yacht?

At either rate, I'm always smoking on an empty stomach this month. I'm 23 days into my water fast! 7-10 days to go.
It use to be Dunhill, now I guess Perteson.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I believe my quote was 'I would rather be buggered by a gnome wearing a barbed wire condom with my nut sack staple to the floor than too ever smoke Royal Yuck!' or something to that effect as it was a few years ago!
On the fence then, a barbed wire fence? Strength of RY is overblown if you ask me, the overly sweet topping is the culprit.

• Love
Reactions: condorlover1

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
After reading about Pipestud's Royal Yacht Five Bros blend it Started me on a path , now that is a Nic Wallop , and since I came from Camel Straights, suits me fine.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Grumio

Lurker
Apr 15, 2024
Fort Worth, TX
Absolutely more power to anyone who likes Royal Yacht, but it has been the only tobacco in 20 years of pipe smoking that I have actively disliked. I didn't care for the flavor, and the nicotine made me woozy haha. I keep thinking I should revisit it, but the memory of it makes me feel sick!