PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Handsome hunk of briar! But I just don't understand the shape. I prefer the shank and bowl to be separate lol. I'm lame I guess.
No no I'm with it, it's kind of an odd shape to me as well, have to see when it gets here how it feels in the hand, either way i think i got a very good deal on it so hard to complain, i honestly didn't think the offer would be accepted. Maybe Savinelli will go the way of McClelland and I can sell it for thousands lol...

I can just take it to Lowe's and have the cut this bit out with a table saw and i have a Dublin! ROFL

s-l1600-2.jpg

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
No no I'm with it, it's kind of an odd shape to me as well, have to see when it gets here how it feels in the hand, either way i think i got a very good deal on it so hard to complain, i honestly didn't think the offer would be accepted. Maybe Savinelli will go the way of McClelland and I can sell it for thousands lol...

I can just take it to Lowe's and have the cut this bit out with a table saw and i have a Dublin! ROFL

View attachment 217064
Now, if only TheironMonkey will hit his with some black shoe polish...well, I'll stop there. Both pipes look awesome. Nice score👍
"I'm Hip" - Dr. Evil

Last edited:

JimRoseLV

Can't Leave
Apr 22, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Reactions: AJL67

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
So often (too often?) I find myself reaching for one of my straight billiards. I seem to have adopted the myopic idea that the pipe is merely a tool to contain combusting tobacco. I am only now starting to warm up the creativity and artistry of some of the higher-end pipes and freestyles. And I really see beauty in this one in particular; probably because it puts the raw and natural aesthetic of the briar on display. So little cut away. It's like the briar decided the pipe shape, not the carver.

And Savinelli is one of those brands that I feel like I can buy with complete confidence. I have four, and all of them are used frequently.

Once you have had a chance to put a few bowls though it, I would be interested to know how it performs for you; Weight, balance, flavor, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJL67