PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LudwigB88

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2023
I was wondering what others think of this shape and what (if any) advantage it might have. Boswell has these available once in a while. They call them “bridge” shape. Savinelli Autograph series still produces them. I’ve been eying one for $360. I’m also curious what others think of the Boswell “wizard” pipes. Another big chunk of briar. I wonder how pipe makers choose a piece of briar for these really large pipes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I was wondering what others think of this shape and what (if any) advantage it might have. Boswell has these available once in a while. They call them “bridge” shape. Savinelli Autograph series still produces them. I’ve been eying one for $360. I’m also curious what others think of the Boswell “wizard” pipes. Another big chunk of briar. I wonder how pipe makers choose a piece of briar for these really large pipes.
They can get much larger than the fans and wizards.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I was wondering what others think of this shape and what (if any) advantage it might have.
I love the shape and have a number of them (mostly Savinellis) but shapes generally do not offer advantages over one another other than aesthetics. It's the chamber and airway mechanics themselves that might make a difference.