PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I just acquired a 614 gator. I love the green color but can imagine that it could be quite polarizing. Whats your thoughts good or bad.
I have not yet seen the gator, and I am not so great at searching it upā€¦. so you have a photo of yours?

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
I like the green color and texture. The only reason that I don't own one is that they are filtered pipes.
They smoke fine without a filter.
I won't disagree, but not using a filter leads to some moisture build up with the expanded chamber. I get that it is not a big deal, but with so many pipes to choose from I am not willing to compromise. Hope that this does not send this thread into a tailspin! :rolleyes:

Reactions: kcghost

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
The only pipe in my collection completely safe from being culled is an alligator.

View attachment 300771
@Chasing Embers, you have obviously been doing this for a long time and have owned many pipes. You mentioned that this pipe is only one completely safe from being culled......

There's got to be a story there about this pipe that makes it so special. What's the "skinny" on this one??

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@Chasing Embers, you have obviously been doing this for a long time and have owned many pipes. You mentioned that this pipe is only one completely safe from being culled......

There's got to be a story there about this pipe that makes it so special. What's the "skinny" on this one??
My youngest daughter chose it for me at a B&M when she was four years old, said it looked like a "daddy" pipe. Years later, during the last conversation I had with my dad before he suddenly passed away, I let him smoke Old Dark Fired in it to see if he'd like to give pipe smoking a try. His response was, "Man that's good!" To this day it's a dedicated Old Dark Fired pipe and always the only pipe I smoke on Father's Day.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
My youngest daughter chose it for me at a B&M when she was four years old, said it looked like a "daddy" pipe. Years later, during the last conversation I had with my dad before he suddenly passed away, I let him smoke Old Dark Fired in it to see if he'd like to give pipe smoking a try. His response was, "Man that's good!" To this day it's a dedicated Old Dark Fired pipe and always the only pipe I smoke on Father's Day.
That's an even better story than I was expecting. Two great reasons to hang onto it. Thanks for sharing.

Briarpuffin

Lurker
Apr 19, 2023
I have a blue one and its brand new im going to smoke it during the eclipse tomorrow for its first smoke.
going to load it up with Full Virginia Flake.
have a glass or two of Oban 14 yr old on the deck.

Reactions: Kspipe

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Fantastic story. Iā€™m glad choatecav asked because I was wondering also.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Iā€™m a Savinelli fan, but the gators have never appealed to me. The good news is that Iā€™m of no account and minuscule influence. If you dig it, then I dig it for you.

Reactions: Kspipe