PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
So, as a new comer, it does seem like pipes are like bikes or tools. They number you needs is n+1, where n=the number you currently have.

I've been pipe smoking a month or 2 now. My first pipe was a Barling estate. I then bought a Chacom for around £100.
Very happy with both but found myself 'browsing' today!
And I love the look of Sobrbiker 's cabinet.........
And that pic is about half a dozen pipes, and a dozen and half blends old.
And the “browsing” continues…

Reactions: Roach1

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I saw Cobs mentioned…

Not sure I saw Clays or Meerschaum mentioned?

Ok that’s enough for SPC, can’t let them have all the glory! LOL 😝

Roach1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
Please be aware there is another illness lurking in the shadows and is as just as dangerous as PAD which is TAD( Tabacco aquistion disorder) 😀
It just a matter of time.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I haven't purchased a pipe in several years. I got it out of my system by haunting the estate pipes section of Ebay and having a lot fun checking my bids and scoring wins on some fantastic pipes for dirt cheap.
Part of the fun was cleaning them up and making them usable for myself. I got micro mesh pads, a retort kit, (I don't think this is worth the time) sandpaper, pipe cleaners, alcohol, Bartender's Secret, erase pads, reamers of all sorts,
I've got at least a dozen pipes that arrived unsmoked and have remained so.
I've made some stupid or silly buys too, but it's never been more than amusement within a budget and it's been a huge part of my life, whiling away the hours in pipe heaven.
My best ebay win was actually two lots of 4 quarter bent briars. I got all eight for about $11.00 each including shipping. Amongst them were 2 classic and very collectible Kaywoodies, an almost brand new Chacom Monaco bent bulldog, a fantastic LHS Author, a Sterling Hall rhodesian marked 'hand made', a Benton Select bulldog, an Ambassadoor bulldog, and one more that I don't see or remember. It's here somewhere.
I smoke 6 of 'em regularly.