PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Marked: B. Baring and Sons on one side of shank, and T.V.F. 4065 on the other. Stem has a dual imprinted Barling set in a cross formation utilizing the L twice. And, underneath on the shank near the mortise it reads: Made in Denmark. I assume it was made by Nording.WIN_20230323_06_18_59_Pro.jpg

Hope

Lurker
Mar 7, 2023
Have to admit that I am not a fan of most Danish style pipes, preferring more traditional English style/shapes. That being said, I just acquired an Emil Chonowitsch Sandblast Cutty from smokingpipes.com that "spoke" to me. Couldn't resist the lines of the pipe and the texture of the blast finish. It's due to arrive in my hands in tomorrow's mail and I must admit I am looking forward to opening that package! (Photo below is from the original listing for the pipe in the Danish Estates section of the smokingpipes.com website)

View attachment 200860
A beautiful and elegant pipe

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I've been principally a Peterson guy for the past 15+ years, but earlier on I bought a number of Danish pipes. none high end. Have 5 Nordings. 1 of my favorite Danes is a great old, large Ben wade freehand which is part of my regular rotation.
I’ve been eyeing the Peterson Strand. Definitely a nod to the Danes. Just waiting for the right one.

Reactions: Ben.R.C