PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
The first pipe in my string of recent SEVERE, and I mean severe PAD, lol. God help us…haha.
This Sherlock Professor is my first foray into the Sherlock series, and I really like the over exaggerated nature of its fullness and flowing lines. This particular pipe has a damn nice blast, especially for a non SPB pipe. It’s on the heavier and meatier side of what I have in pipes, but really like it. I may be onto something with the big pipe vibe. The large bowl feels great in hand, and although the chamber still has a ways to go for break in, can already say it’s a good smoker. Kuddos to Peterson for the drilling as well, passes a pipe cleaner like a champDFD2C6FA-2BC5-499E-A2EF-6F1A3DDB37E4.jpeg

Last edited:

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Second installment in the ongoing “Pipe Acquisition Disorder Series” of Petersons, lol.
I very much enjoy the Christmas pipes. I mean, how can you not. For me the coziness of winter, great memories of past holidays, bourbon, good food, so on and so fourth all tie into the greater pipe experience, at least for me. Although this years seem a little less in your face, straight forward “Christmas”, they appear to be well executed and nice pipes, with the subtle red, the blasts, vulcanite, and silver.
I chose the 221, as it seems like such a great do it all pipe size and shape, and very “Peterson-esque”.
The blast on this one and others i saw photos of weren’t anything to write home about, but were plenty appealing. Looking forward to lighting it off at some point here soon!606239EC-0E75-4B51-9219-0F525DBA46DA.jpeg

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Next up from the recent Peterson binge…
The 125th anniversary in the Rua sandblast, 9s. I must admit, I’m pretty smitten. Not only this particular pipe, but the series in general. The blasts from what I’ve seen are pretty spectacular. I also find myself very intrigued by the finish, it’s like I can’t quite figure it out. It looks different depending on lighting, what colors are around it, and so on. It’s just cool, in my opinion. Never had a deluxe system, so that’s kinda neat as well.
Looking forward to putting some bowls through this rascal, should be a dandy.22BB3CC6-C6F1-4041-B788-943AC171C243.jpeg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
The first pipe in my string of recent SEVERE, and I mean severe PAD, lol. God help us…haha.
This Sherlock Professor is my first foray into the Sherlock series, and I really like the over exaggerated nature of its fullness and flowing lines. This particular pipe has a damn nice blast, especially for a non SPB pipe. It’s on the heavier and meatier side of what I have in pipes, but really like it. I may be onto something with the big pipe vibe. The large bowl feels great in hand, and although the chamber still has a ways to go for break in, can already say it’s a good smoker. Kuddos to Peterson for the drilling as well, passes a pipe cleaner like a champView attachment 260831
Have a smooth dark Professor and quite like it.

G

Gimlet

Does anyone know if you can buy separate fishtail mouthpieces for Petersons that come supplied with P-lips? There's a lot of Peterson pipes I like but I can't get on with a P-lip and all the pipes I like most seem to have them. There's more fishtail editions available on EU sites but they're usually more expensive than UK suppliers. I wish you could choose a P-lip or fishtail mouthpiece as an option when buying.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Does anyone know if you can buy separate fishtail mouthpieces for Petersons that come supplied with P-lips? There's a lot of Peterson pipes I like but I can't get on with a P-lip and all the pipes I like most seem to have them. There's more fishtail editions available on EU sites but they're usually more expensive than UK suppliers. I wish you could choose a P-lip or fishtail mouthpiece as an option when buying.
I’d just call the shop in Dublin and ask - they’d be happy to help. Otherwise, always tons of them on SP EU and their prices would be as good as anyone’s - or better if you buy often enough.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Next up from the recent Peterson binge…
The 125th anniversary in the Rua sandblast, 9s. I must admit, I’m pretty smitten. Not only this particular pipe, but the series in general. The blasts from what I’ve seen are pretty spectacular. I also find myself very intrigued by the finish, it’s like I can’t quite figure it out. It looks different depending on lighting, what colors are around it, and so on. It’s just cool, in my opinion. Never had a deluxe system, so that’s kinda neat as well.
Looking forward to putting some bowls through this rascal, should be a dandy.View attachment 260982
That's a nice one. It looks alot darker than the 12.5 I ordered (at least the stock photos of it) the one I orders looks more light red. I'll post a picture up when it arrives. The 3s i ordered as well looks dark like yours. I'm excited to compare the two when they get here

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
That's a nice one. It looks alot darker than the 12.5 I ordered (at least the stock photos of it) the one I orders looks more light red. I'll post a picture up when it arrives. The 3s i ordered as well looks dark like yours. I'm excited to compare the two when they get here
It does seem to have quite a bit of the vertical running grain that grabbed and kept the dark stain. I think the variety and difference in grain and the stain process in these rua pipes in particular is very pretty. Lookin forward to seeing yours!