PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Anyone bite?
Not I. I looked and each one had some good to great grain on one side but not that had it great on both sides. The lowest grade smooths were the Naturals which had no flaws and the grain was good but not spectacular. I can imagine that the Supremes would be really nice but theyre pushing $500 and that’s if you can find them.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Not I. I looked and each one had some good to great grain on one side but not that had it great on both sides. The lowest grade smooths were the Naturals which had no flaws and the grain was good but not spectacular. I can imagine that the Supremes would be really nice but theyre pushing $500 and that’s if you can find them.
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well.

Reactions: Nevaditude

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Plateaus are up on SPC. Here are the 3 Supremes available which are the nicest and most flawless of the bunch:

At that price I’m sure you could get a plateau freehand from an artisan or elsewhere that has better grain and shaping. No knock on Peterson with that comment, it’s just that others have really honed in plateau freehands.

Last edited:

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Plateaus are up on SPC. Here are the 3 Supremes available which are the nicest and most flawless of the bunch:

At that price I’m sure you could get a plateau freehand from an artisan or elsewhere that has better grain and shaping. No knock on Peterson with that comment, it’s just that others have really honed in plateau freehands.
Meh

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

Here was another Supreme. I didn't get to see the ones on SPEU though. Anyone able to catch a glimpse?

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Reactions: Nevaditude