PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
Has the Irish Made Army line been discontinued? I'm seeing the Army Filter and Dublin Filter pipes at the usual suspects.

here's an Iora I didn't need but will enjoy anyway

8Dh54STl.jpg

I6qWmqRl.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
How did you eradicate the inner bowl coating?
About 3 -4 minutes: scraps of warm, damp paper towel scrunched up, stuffed in one by one, worked around with some elbow grease and some thick warm, damp pipe cleaners up the stem to get the hole in the chamber. Just do it until the paper towels aren’t black. Sometimes easy, sometimes takes a little longer. If really stubborn a light sanding but that’s rare.

Last edited:

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
About 3 -4 minutes: scraps of warm, damp paper towel scrunched up, stuffed in one by one, worked around with some elbow grease and some thick warm, damp pipe cleaners up the stem to get the hole in the chamber. Just do it until the paper towels aren’t black. Sometimes easy, sometimes takes a little longer. If really stubborn a light sanding but that’s rare.
A method that has always been successful for me, ymmv, is to smoke the first bowl with the coating intact. Immediately after finishing the smoke session dump whatever dottle that may be left and ream with a napkin. This has always worked for me, completely removing the bowl coating (just one napkin has done the job for me). I like to use Bounty napkins, The Quicker Picker Upper. KIMG2938.JPGKIMG2937.JPG