PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Anyone check out the new Junior shapes? The apple looks really good to me but I don’t think the rustication lends itself to such a small stummel. I’d love to see this apple and the lovat come out in the Heritage or Dark Smooth/Oak finishes. I checked out a terracotta Junior and the stain doesn’t lend itself well to the nearly nonexistent grain.

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Anyone check out the new Junior shapes? The apple looks really good to me but I don’t think the rustication lends itself to such a small stummel. I’d love to see this apple and the lovat come out in the Heritage or Dark Smooth/Oak finishes. I checked out a terracotta Junior and the stain doesn’t lend itself well to the nearly nonexistent grain.
I like the Junior pipes but I agree with you about the rustication on this line. I think a PSB would look good on a Junior pipe. I’d also like to see a Junior-style 53.

Reactions: PaulRVA

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Yes, I did proceed to checkout! ;)

I have the rusticated in some "shorts" and have found it helpful in getting a good grip on them - for me, the smooth in the smaller pipes isn't ideal for my sometimes fumbling fingers, especially since I'll often grab a short or junior for a pipe to enjoy in the Jeep. I got a bent and based on the pics I think it will have a somewhat longer stem so anxious to see if that is the case.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I

I have the rusticated in some "shorts" and have found it helpful in getting a good grip on them - for me, the smooth in the smaller pipes isn't ideal for my sometimes fumbling fingers, especially since I'll often grab a short or junior for a pipe to enjoy in the Jeep. I got a bent and based on the pics I think it will have a somewhat longer stem so anxious to see if that is the case.
like some texture to my pipes as well for that reason. Less likely to slip from my hand

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

Yeah I like the Pete rusticated finish for that reason too. What I meant more was that they kind of just “skimmed” the juniors so you can still see the general stummel shape. Whereas on the normal pipes they rusticate it so the peaks in the rustication are what define the shape. Don’t know if I’m explaining it well 😅

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Yeah I like the Pete rusticated finish for that reason too. What I meant more was that they kind of just “skimmed” the juniors so you can still see the general stummel shape. Whereas on the normal pipes they rusticate it so the peaks in the rustication are what define the shape. Don’t know if I’m explaining it well 😅
Ah! We’ll see and I get what you are saying. My shorts are pretty craggy so I’ll compare!

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Two different ends of the size spectrum. A 12 1/2 and a B42. I’ve posted the smoking pipes photos. These are my photos.

Here’s the 12 1/2

View attachment 273006View attachment 273007View attachment 273008View attachment 273009

Here’s the B42. Birdseye for days

View attachment 273011View attachment 273012View attachment 273013View attachment 273014View attachment 273016View attachment 273018
Give us a side by side of the big boy and the little guy.

Also, your B42 is shorter than other modern ones I’ve seen which is nice. It’s closer to the original Darwin which I think was a perfect height. Not sure why they got taller over the years.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Team Humble-Chur coming through again in the clutch! I wasn't able to get a photo so I’m using @Humblepipe’s (which is a better shot than I could've ever taken).

View attachment 254801

One more to go!

View attachment 254803
BW Peterson Missing Pipes Found.jpg

Well we brought all the lost pipes home! Someone from PM was involved in acquiring each of these pipes or gave some solid info about them. Thanks to @Humblepipe, @Ahi Ka, @RustiePyles CPG, @ssjones, @ashdigger, and @Brew&Briar for your help.

IMG_8525.jpeg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)