PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I had to grab one of @simong ’s recent culling.
A very cool Sportsman 87, that will soon be embarking on its journey across the pond.View attachment 300595

If you asked me last week, I would’ve told you a 317/314 would be my next pipe purchase, then I couldn’t get this one out of my head.
Oh well, the itch for a 317 will now have to wait.
I Love that pipe! The shorts are awesome and such practical pipes.
I need to buck up and get one myself. If anything your short Army has been a testament to the styles versatility. Took me awhile but a pipe has become like a handgun to me being that if it’s too big to lug around in every scenario then you wont carry it or have it when you need it!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I
I Love that pipe! The shorts are awesome and such practical pipes.
I need to buck up and get one myself. If anything your short Army has been a testament to the styles versatility. Took me awhile but a pipe has become like a handgun to me being that if it’s too big to lug around in every scenario then you wont carry it or have it when you need it!
I had to grab it, as I love the Short Army, but some blends/days I just don’t prefer the p-lip.
I haven’t seen the Sportsman line in my perusing, and for my teeth the vulcanite stem made it one I’d probably regret passing on.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I had to grab one of @simong ’s recent culling.
A very cool Sportsman 87, that will soon be embarking on its journey across the pond.View attachment 300595

If you asked me last week, I would’ve told you a 317/314 would be my next pipe purchase, then I couldn’t get this one out of my head.
Oh well, the itch for a 317 will now have to wait.
Nice grab! I would’ve picked it up if I had seen it.

Groot5225

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2023
Very nice. My favorite of my collection is a bent house pipe. Not one typically to buy mutiples of the same pipe, but would be tempted by a blasted house pipe to go with my rusticated one.
These pipes are great smokes that I have multiple now. I just need a smooth one, but there's no rush. Maybe a smooth silver cap one day. Here’s my little house pipe collection. Rusticated silver cap, Sandblasted, and PSB.
IMG_1862.jpegIMG_1863.jpeg

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
After a long & gradual reduction of pipes, took a couple of photos of my Peterson’s the other day. A ‘bakers dozen’ which will do me from here on in. As Roberto Duran famously said after exiting the shop on Grafton Street for the last time……No Más!

6 Bent
View attachment 300520
And 7 straight.
View attachment 300521
That’s a collection that any Peterson fella would love to have. 👍☕