PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I can get into the forum now without getting the dreaded 403 error…

I haven’t been buying Pete’s for a few years.

This years SPD’s haven’t had the enthusiasm of SPD’s of past years. But I thought the green acrylic mount looked nice. My only concern was how would the drilling be.

I leisurely perused the offerings when they dropped, I was unencumbered by a sense of urgency, since there was no mad scramble to cart these up and purchase them only to find them sold out from under me at checkout.

The sandblast 307 arrived the other day. The draft was high in the chamber, so I worked it to my satisfaction in order to get it to a place where I could smoke most of the tobacco in the chamber. Polished off some residual stain on the mount. I’ve always been interested in CAO Eileen’s Dream, but never bought any. So I ordered a few tins which this pipe will be dedicated to.

I’ve got a B42 ebony on the way as well.

View attachment 281672View attachment 281673View attachment 281674View attachment 281675
The yellow dot in the second picture is an indication of where I wanted the draft hole to be…

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
After years of looking at them, finally got round to buying a Sherlock Holmes ‘Lestrade’.
View attachment 282196View attachment 282197
A strange shape, to say the least. Like somebody found a fossilised bollock & stuck a stem on it! I know lots of people rave about this particular shape, but I’m struggling to warm to it. Time will tell.
Interesting shape. What’s going on in the background? Is someone returning a heart to the king?

Reactions: simong

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
After years of looking at them, finally got round to buying a Sherlock Holmes ‘Lestrade’.
View attachment 282196View attachment 282197
A strange shape, to say the least. Like somebody found a fossilised bollock & stuck a stem on it! I know lots of people rave about this particular shape, but I’m struggling to warm to it. Time will tell.
Really nice pipe. I like this shape a lot, it is about as close to an oom Paul as I think you can find from Peterson aside from some real oldies and a commemorative pipe years ago

Reactions: simong

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Also the (sadly) discontinued 02 shape.
Technically Peterson does still make a regular sized Oom Paul and they make it in a variety of ranges. It's called the D18, unfortunately they don't make very many at all. They only pop up VERY infrequently.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Technically Peterson does still make a regular sized Oom Paul and they make it in a variety of ranges. It's called the D18, unfortunately they don't make very many at all. They only pop up VERY infrequently.

Is the D18 the same stummel as the pub?

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Also, anyone checking out these Junior pipes? I’ve seen a lovat in person and it was just too small but I’m now tempted by it again in the sandblast and heritage.

Also tempted by the straight apple in the same finishes. If the apple were at least 10mm longer I would’ve gone for it for sure.

Reactions: edger and Chalaw87