PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Not mine, but I was watching this on 😈 Bay…congrats to the new owner…enjoy. 👍☕
Looks nice but I’ve noticed this seller hasn’t shown the hallmarks on a number of his Petes.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'd gotten my only 11s off the Bay over a decade ago. All 4 of my deluxe system pipes are hallmarked to the 70's. Haven't perused the Bay in over a decade but way back when, deals were common. Never paid more than $100-got them all off the Bay-for any of them and 1 went for $49. All in great shape too.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I was curious about it but went more than I was interested in spending at the moment in time - because I've got too many pipes right now...

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The 2021 POTY was the one pipe I wanted the most, I was actively looking at a bunch of sites daily for over a year for one. It is my favourite Peterson shape and I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes so that was also a part of it.
Thats the same reason I'm been on the hunt for one.
I'll keep an eye out for you guys!

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
The 2021 POTY was the one pipe I wanted the most, I was actively looking at a bunch of sites daily for over a year for one. It is my favourite Peterson shape and I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes so that was also a part of it.
I felt the same way. I love my 2021 POTY - I have a Heritage and a Terracotta - but they are not replicas of the 4AB. Peterson always modernizes their recreations of old shapes, and this one is no different: the stem is much too wide approaching the bit, as is the bit, the stummel shape is off, and the ferrule is way too flat. But it's still one of my favorite Petersons.

I mention the above because if you really want something close to Rathbone's 4AB, it's definitely do-able: find a 1940's - 1950's 309 on ebay and have someone make you a correct AB stem.