PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Ok, the Vatican (gift shop) has confirmed that it is in fact an image of the hand of St Sasienius, the patron saint of pipe smokers. They will be assessing the pipe to confirm a miracle. If a miracle is confirmed, I'll have to hand the pipe over to the brothers of the Charatan Order at Bewley Abbey for veneration.
And the winner is...RustiePyles. lol

WaffleStomper

Lurker
Jan 11, 2024
Central Indiana
Just acquired this beauty 2 weeks ago as an estate pipe. And while I am still fairly new to pipe smoking, I find this to smoke beautifully. Some limited Research on this has indicated that it could've been made between 1949 (When they added the silver to the mounts) to 1962 (when the English Shop Shut its doors.) If anyone is aware of a way to further narrow down the date, I'd be interested in knowing. In any event, it's a pipe that older than I am and still smokes really good._DSC6541.jpg _DSC6542.jpg _DSC6549.jpg_DSC6546.jpg

WaffleStomper

Lurker
Jan 11, 2024
Central Indiana
Does the silver hallmark not indicate its either a '49 or '51 based on whether that letter is an 'O' or 'Q'? Others around here certainly know better than I.
I'm actually not familiar with the markings or their meanings, but am aware that they do mean something. I tried to get the clearest images to show the detail of those Hallmarks though.

Reactions: DrBryant