PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Only $185 for the XL size at Walmart!

d352a8af-6603-4354-a066-3ede096064a9.d658d082e2e9d0da9ce1b38033792b8b.jpeg
Looks cozy and cost effective. I’m adding it to my Christmas wishlist.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Well I had a little electric heater with me and there were times I was sweating. So it would have been nice outside with that. Even being outside, just in the tent would be a 50% better time with no cold wind!

Thinking about setting this back up in my new garage soon....winter is coming!
Completely cutting the wind off makes all the difference. No wind and a minimal amount of heat makes it quite comfortable.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I'm visiting my Daughter and Grandchildren in Indiana. Mostly in the 40's and 50's with intermittent rain. Breezy. One day freezing my arse off and getting wet was enough. This Pod is awesome. I have an electric blanket and it is more than enough, just the heat it is putting off keeps the inside warm. I think with the electric blanket, this thing would make things tolerable down in the 20's. I got the next one up from the smallest and I'm glad I did. If I lived where this was a permanent solution, I'd opt for the two person model. I think I paid $139, very reasonable for comfortable smoking in the cold. Folds up very compact, would also work nicely for watching kids sports when the weather is a bit bad.

View attachment 253680
That's a hoot !!! puffy

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Hope the wind is calm. Remember camping on beaches. My tent, $28 from Sam's club, was one of two tents that serviced. Even though, one of the poles broke and the tent top slapped my face all night long. Trick was proper tent set up, and snow stakes.

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Here in Chester County, PA, I spend a buck or two in my smoking pod. As winter arrives, I put the soft top up, get my pipe, tobacco, and accessories together, and pull it out of its permanent berth in the garage (where I keep it on a battery tender). I pack and light while sitting in the driveway with the heater going, warm and smoky.

I began this practice in 1997 in Connecticut. My Jeep at that time -- a '95 YJ for those who care -- was parked permanently outside and was my year-round daily driver. I replaced it with the one below in 2000 (bought it new). So, for going on 24 years, this has served me well enough. BTW, anything this old will lack that "new car smell," so I'm not to worried about odors. I'll let my kids deal with that after I'm dead.

1697460433322.png

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
We’ve seen those pods and wished we had them when we waited online overnight for rare beer releases in February in New York. I could see getting one for the porch in PA.
Looks like this could serve you well:

Under the Weather WalkingPod Mesh – Pop-Up Wearable Mosquito & Bug Screen – Fine Gauge, Fully Enclosed Personal Bubble Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/9af8kb4

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

B.Lew

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2020
SE Michigan
IMG_4219.jpeg
That’s is a nice solution Hoosier! Not everyone can relocate to Florida. After many Chicago winters in a mid-rise, I knew I’d be putting a wood burner in a future garage. Made that happen last winter. Haven’t fired up yet this year. Although was working on the truck in the garage yesterday and thought about firing it up.

Stoaks

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2023
Canton, GA, USA
Clever solution.

I'm lucky enough to have a screened-in porch replete with comfy chairs, a table, etc., available for my smoking pleasure. Last year for Christmas my wife got me a gas heater similar, but not identical, to the one below.

We had a vicious (by Georgia standards) cold snap last year. I was surprised by how big a difference this thing made down in to the teens Fahrenheit. No need to go full expedition gear to be tolerably comfortable, and downright toasty in the 40s or so.

Pretty cool, but I am sure that if my neighbors saw me smoking in one of these, they would invite me inside their houses to smoke.
I thought big guy here was in Florida? Did they have a cold snap? Still pretty warm here. I mean, I had to wear shoes while on my deck last night, but not coat weather yet.

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
I bought one of these pods 5 years ago. They’re great. I’ve worn out two already.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Love it! If you throw a aircraft control column in there you would almost look like you're inside of a tie fighter from star wars haha. You'd just need the wings on the side.

• Haha
Reactions: AroEnglish