PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Reminds me when a month ago I was at an outdoor Scottish festival, smoking a pipe, and someone came and asked me what blend it was because it smelled nice. I said it was Savinelli Viprati... 🙄 It wasn't until later when I got home I realized my mistake. Viprati it was, Savinelli it ain't...

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Another one you need to try is Skiff. Great stuff. A little bolder than SL.
I've recently opened a tin and found it to have a bit of a "menthol" hint to it. Anyone else or is my palate fatigued beyond recovery...cray
Not that I don't enjoy it, although still learning it as only a few bowls in... Haven't made a solid decision quite yet.

Reactions: dcon

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I've recently opened a tin and found it to have a bit of a "menthol" hint to it. Anyone else or is my palate fatigued beyond recovery...cray
Not that I don't enjoy it, although still learning it as only a few bowls in... Haven't made a solid decision quite yet.
definitely more Orientals and a bit of Maryland I believe

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
I've enjoyed Squadron Leader for the past dozen or so years, and have a half pound or more of bulk with at least 10 years on it. It holds up well, smokes consistently well, and is a steady favorite. I consider it a light to mild English, while Nightcap is a "full English," at least as I understand the terms. There are tobaccos I like more, but this isn't one I'll ever turn down. Enjoy it when you can find it.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Well I've had plenty of Oriental leaf in quite a few blends but not sure I've had Maryland. Perhaps that's what's giving me the little unique ping to it. No complaint, yet. Still sampling.
I've noticed the same flavor note in Conssumate Gentleman and it lists no Oriental but Latakia and does include Burley and Maryland. Looking forward to smoking some Maryland isolated and blending with it.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I've noticed the same flavor note in Conssumate Gentleman and it lists no Oriental but Latakia and does include Burley and Maryland. Looking forward to smoking some Maryland isolated and blending with it.
I wasn't aware of that. I had Consummate Gentleman in the past and enjoyed it.