PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
One drop after the other, you love to see it (or do you?).

I like Virginias, I like Orientals, I like Honey. Should I smoke this?

Maybe I'll just start building my cellar around C&D Small Drops and Limited Editions and forgo buying any readily available tobacco from now on.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
The only limited release that I am looking forward to is Cringle Flake 2022. I hope that there is one and, while I have enjoyed all three releases, I hope that they circle back to a Red Virginia like the tremendous 2019 edition. As for Sun Bear, it is fine but needs some age as fresh out of the tin it had the usual C&D Virginia cereal aspect.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The mountain flower part of the name has got me excited. Nothing like a hint of florals on the finish to really spruce up a good tobacco. I’m setting a reminder for this one.
Not floral, just a different source of honey. The original was from Jeremy's hives I believe, the black locust was from the hives of black locust pollinators, and the new one from mountain flower pollinators.

Still holding out for another Scarecrow release.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Hope the tin art for the next release is not as creepy.

437f3b83f17596c18bbb.jpg

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I’ve been watching for Sun Bear news. I got 30 tins of black locust last year bc I was worried that regs were going to put an end to limited runs/new blends and I had discovered I really like Sun Bear. I only smoke it occasionally so my stash will last me a long time. I’ll prob pick up some tins if I can but I don’t plan on getting more than a handful this time around.

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
The only limited release that I am looking forward to is Cringle Flake 2022. I hope that there is one and, while I have enjoyed all three releases, I hope that they circle back to a Red Virginia like the tremendous 2019 edition. As for Sun Bear, it is fine but needs some age as fresh out of the tin it had the usual C&D Virginia cereal aspect.
Oh man I’d never considered ordering Cringle Flake and then I rec’d a tin of ‘21 as a promotion and it was AMAZING! I’m looking forward to 22 as well

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Not floral, just a different source of honey. The original was from Jeremy's hives I believe, the black locust was from the hives of black locust pollinators, and the new one from mountain flower pollinators.

Oh well, that changes everything. I don’t have a palate that will pick up on the slightly different taste in honey they use.