PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Go to HEB and look for the "varietal" honey offerings from Walker Honey, in the square-ish bottles with corks, like this one:

View attachment 159196

Try several of the varieties. I really liked the Mesquite one and Orange Blossom one.

You can see all the varieties here:

For those outside of Texas, I think they even ship reasonably.

After 2 or 3 varieties, you will be well prepared to appreciate the Sun Bear subtleties.

Or, grab your dog and daughter and make a day trip out of visiting. It's an hour north of you.

I sure missHEB!!

View attachment 159195
HEB is the best! I know the feeling, I couldn’t believe there was nothing like it when I moved to Portland, I had to shop at Safeway! Blah!

I’ll give that honey a try. Thanks.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Luckily, insomnia paid off for once. Was able to grab several for the cellar.

I still find it strange that it is a 12am release time. I mean, that made sense to me as a teenager going to GameStop for video game release parties, but for tobacco???

Also, if SP is going to do these releases this often, they really need to upgrade their network to handle the traffic.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
As I was up at 12...Again, SP took a dump with these limited releases (SP did get back on-line but I put my order in with Joe's). ISP change from 2 years ago? Ordering system changes? TP Sold out so I went to Cup 'O Joes for 8 Tins. And I thought P&C system stinks.... Sorry SP you're in this too.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
SP site was pretty much stable after the initial 15-20 minutes of the release, and product was available for several hours afterwards. Why invest in bandwidth that is necessary for a fraction of the time the site is being used…?
It's the user experience and with those who "Panic Buy" (not me)...I went to Cup 'O Joes for my purchase...A lost sale for SP.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Had a couple cocktails and a good dinner...I was blissfully unaware as the SP servers were being reduced to ashes in some far-off data center. Kinda sad I missed it, I have 5+ tins of the other Sun Bear releases in the cellar tho ...I bet one of the big sites may let another wave loose at some point...if not, oh well...

Last edited:
Reactions: cohibajoe

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
TP sold out in about 15m and Cup O’ Joe’s lasted about another 10m. SP still had some when I went to bed but it looks out now.

The Country Squire’s page for it says they’re opening up sales at 1pm Central Time today (limit 2 per customer).