Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
I ocasionally find something. I used to find a lot of great things when I lived in the states. The problem in France is people tend to use things until they are worn out. On the whole they dont have near as much "Stuff".
That's interesting. Most people have a disposable mindset in the US. I am a person who uses things until they don't work anymore or I can't wear an article of clothing. That is probably from growing up poor. Still poor by the way; teachers aren't paid very well and college is expensive.

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Thrifting became a word when eBaying became a word. You'd be surprised how much stuff of value in a goodwill that can be resold on eBay for 10x profit if you know what to look for. My wife does it and makes good money at it but it's not for me. Shes like those American picker guys. Knows all these details about an item and what makes it collectible. She runs comps on eBay and haggles well. Me. I just go with her to get credit. It drives me crazy.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Went out this morning garage sailing. The weather was perfect so figured it might be a good day for it... I was right. We hit about 15 or 20 sales and found a few piddley little things but no real treasures. Only thing remotely pipe related was a couple of new Mason Jars for tobacco storage at $1. each. Easter will kill it for next week, but there is always the week after. puffy

Reactions: AreBee

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I ocasionally find something. I used to find a lot of great things when I lived in the states. The problem in France is people tend to use things until they are worn out. On the whole they dont have near as much "Stuff".

I like to see this lady thrifting in France.