Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
I just tossed a few ounces of Bengal slices and my mixture 965 yesterday. Both first opened well over a year ago and held on to because i had the space. But after revisiting them I think theyre both flat awful. The only thing about that I'm regretting is that now my wife says the trash smells awful, i guess i should have found a dumpster up the street.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I've thrown out a couple blends, namely C&D's Five o Clock Shadow and Haunted Bookshop. I kept them around for over a year, trying them several times. Into the fire they went.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I just tossed a few ounces of Bengal slices and my mixture 965 yesterday. Both first opened well over a year ago and held on to because i had the space. But after revisiting them I think theyre both flat awful. The only thing about that I'm regretting is that now my wife says the trash smells awful, i guess i should have found a dumpster up the street.
One man's trash is another's treasure. Those are two blends I like a lot!

• Love
Reactions: marconi and SBC
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Wait? What?
Did he say he added pumpkin spice and crushed cigarettes to improve this blend?

Dude. Be at Liberty to toss it and remind me never to smoke one of your creations.

☝️??
This on both accounts.

I didn't think I would laugh this evening. Thank you.

But in all seriousness, options are trash it and learn, jar it and try again later, or attempt to sell or give it away.

I try to get either smarter or richer from every experience (and use the smart lesson learned to get richer). Chalk it up to experience and grow from there.

Reactions: Grangerous

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Put it up for trade for something you like or want to try. Someone out there likes it.

I've used ziplocks of tobaccos that I don't care for or have tired of as "packing material" when shipping a pipe to someone.

1643674866735.jpeg

Reactions: SBC

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Put the bad stuff in a bucket of water. This concoction will keep the insects off your flowers, but your roses may be redolent of mixture 79!
I've done it. I use a pound of Cherokee or Smokers Pride. Wrap it in cheese cloth with a string like a tea bag. Place in a 5 ga bucket and seap in hot water, leave over night. Be sure to wear nitrate gloves when squeezing out the tobacco. Best pesticide in the world.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I don’t get the people on here chucking blends that are commonly liked. I dislike waste, so i would feel obligated to relocate these blends to a welcoming new home. I guess others must feel that would just be 1 more chore that they are too busy for. It’s a shame. There are probably New Zealanders and Australians cringing worse than me reading those comment. Do what ya want of course…

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
Shipping a less than 2oz amount to someone is almost as expensive as buying a brand new tin after shipping, time and running to the post office. Just not worth it unless it’s a bigger package.
I don’t get the people on here chucking blends that are commonly liked. I dislike waste, so i would feel obligated to relocate these blends to a welcoming new home. I guess others must feel that would just be 1 more chore that they are too busy for. It’s a shame. There are probably New Zealanders and Australians cringing worse than me reading those comment. Do what ya want of course…
Just for fun I looked up shipping costs to new Zealand - 29 US Dollars. Three times what I paid for the tin before I opened it and smoked more than half of it. I'm glad I threw it out.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Post it here on the forum as a trade or a give away. Someone might want it or maybe not. I have some Rattray's Exotic Passion I'm trying to give away and I'll pay the postage...so far no takers.

I once threw some Captain Black in my fire pit to get rid of it. It was so moist that it put the fire out. rotf

Reactions: SBC

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

Send them some Haunted Bookshop and maybe they'll see things from my perspective.