PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Maybe I'm a cheapskate. Ok I know I am. But my 50 dollar pipes have such a clean tight fit.

Saw the ad on the banner to the left, and gave it a look. This is the actual pipe that they are using for the Ad....This makes me shy away from paying more for pipes....

1000003671.jpg

I'm just bored....

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Pipes are made in a factory by factory workers. Most makers don't make a pipe worthy of a price point they just make pipes, most all equal in quality or lack thereof. They then sell those pipes at a variety of price points arbitrarily with no regard to quality, grain, or anything else. As long people keep paying there's really no need to grade or practice any QA.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Maybe I'm a cheapskate. Ok I know I am. But my 50 dollar pipes have such a clean tight fit.

Saw the ad on the banner to the left, and gave it a look. This is the actual pipe that they are using for the Ad....This makes me shy away from paying more for pipes....

Really? Click it....

I'm just bored....
I wouldn't pay that price either - why, it doesn't even have a P-lip!!

• Haha
Reactions: didimauw

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I admitt I spend too much but almost all my pipes cost less than that one. Many are estates in mint condition. Ive slowed my PAD. It isnt from a lack of looking at pipes but its more than Im happy with what I have and to spend more on more pipes will require that I like them as much as my current pipes. A lot of what I see Im not crazy about or I have something like it. Ive no doubt that the pipe bug will hit again. It just hasnt for a short while. It helps that i prefer 9mm filter pipes because the choice is more limited.