PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I'm late to the party but heres my set up!

Full.jpg

A Sansui 9090DB that I did some restoration work to. Changed the pots, re-biased it, replaced a bad main safety relay, replaced all the dead lighting, and de-oxit-ed everything! It sounds amazing!
Sansui.jpg

I'm also using a Fluance table! I've got an Ortofan OM10 stylus on there but am planning to upgrade to a 2M Bronze as soon as I can afford it.
Table.jpg

and a pair of Klipsch KG4's!
Speaker.jpg

I really love how this system sounds and my wife and I listen to a bit of everything. My Dad gifted me his entire record collection after he digitized them for his own digital library, but I'm immensely enjoying them in their original form. We've also slowly been adding our own additions to the collection.

We have also found that the classical records are very cheap in relation to how valuable they maybe should be. I got a Japanese pressing of the Rite of Spring with Pierre Monteux conducting the Paris Conservatory Orchestra for 2 dollars, and it's in mint condition. Doesn't seem real haha

Edited to add: I also have a bluetooth receiver hooked into the AUX input on the Sansui and we use the system to play digital, radio and as our home theater for TV and movies!

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
WOW! There's some great stuff here! Love the old Macs!

I got back into vinyl about 10 years ago when I bought a record collection from a friend's Uncle. He was moving across the country and didn't want to take it with him, so I added 300+ LPs and 200+ 45s to my small collection for a great price. I hadn't touched my vinyl in probably 25 years. My 30 year-old TT crapped out a few years ago and I replaced it with a reconditioned 1980 Revox B795 which I just love. It screams to be played loud! it's currently in my basement as part of a Frankenstein system with Bose 701s and Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000s, powered by my first Home Theater receiver, a Harmon/Kardon AVR 20II. keep saying I'm going to upgrade everything, but the money always finds a different home!

Revox1.jpg

This was an old bookcase I dug out of my Dad's basement and refinished.
IMG_2578.jpeg

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Cool setup! I especially like the Revox. If you want an upgrade without spending much money sell those overrated Bose and get a pair of Magnepans. Just a friendly suggestion. puffy

• Love
Reactions: woodsroad

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Query: I have a Bang and Olafson combo turntable, cassette and tuner from about 50 years old sitting on a closet shelf. Might there be any real value to a collector?

Query: I have a Bang and Olafson combo turntable, cassette and tuner from about 50 years old sitting on a closet shelf. Might there be any real value to a collector?
It sort of depends on which one. The 7000's series with rosewood, can get $1000 plus if working. Some tend to get a few hundred. Even not working it can get over $100. But, really the systems that require vacuum tubes is what sets off the collectors these days.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
(Edited to delete duplication)

Cool setup! I especially like the Revox. If you want an upgrade without spending much money sell those overrated Bose and get a pair of Magnepans. Just a friendly suggestion. puffy
Yeah, I know all about Bose. 🤣 I got these for a song around 1995 when my brother worked for their patent law firm in Boston. Had them in storage until I started up the TT again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon