Wanting a Small Chambered Pipe: Recommendations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
The Shire of York, England
Title edited.

Hello all,

I've been looking into getting a small (specifically a small-ish bowl) pipe, but being the newbie that I am, it's kinda like looking for a needle in a haystack.

It's mainly a consideration for having a short (approx. 30/40 mins) smoke after dinner - you'd probably call 'lunch'? - as my current repertoire tends to smoke for at least an hour plus. Of course, I could just half fill a bowl, but a smaller pipe would equally prove to be more convenient to keep pocketed whilst out & about.

Being a fan of Peterson & Savinelli they'd be right up my street, but open to all other makes as long as it could be readily sourced here in the U.K.

So, can anyone with more experience/knowledge offer any suggestions that might fit the bill?

Thanks in advance gentlemen 👍

Last edited by a moderator:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Savinelli has a model or a second line that seems perfect. Roley or something? Brebbia has one as well.

Campus pipes from Kaywoodie would be another google that might take you down a rabbit hole for quick smokes. Opera shapes, pocket pipes, nose warmers, etc.

I like Small Cobs for what you are describing.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
If you want a beater pipe that you wouldn't care if you somehow lost it, here you go...you can get 15-30 mins out of these.

002-543-0012.jpg

Measurements & Other Details​

• Length: 3.49 in./88.65 mm.
  • Weight: 0.48 oz./13.61 g.
  • Bowl Height: 1.19 in./30.23 mm.
  • Chamber Depth: 0.86 in./21.84 mm.
  • Chamber Diameter: 0.55 in./13.97 mm.
  • Outside Diameter: 1.02 in./25.91 mm.
  • Stem Material: Other
  • Filter: None
  • Shape: Apple
  • Finish: Other