PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What’s a really grand film from the last ten years? One that would be watched again and again?
Guardians Of The Galaxy? Night At The Museum?

They’re a lot of fun, combining action, adventure, and screwball comedy. I have watched the Night At The Museum films a number of times.

I don’t go out to the movies often. Most of the trailers I see lack much imagination. Their themes can be summed up as “meat in danger”.

What’s being made is just too dumb for me to waste money on it.

I rarely watch a movie more than once but those that i do are:
Any clint eastwood western esp GBU
Braveheart
LOTR but that’s a major commitment so maybe every other year or so
Charlie Brown Christmas amazing music by Vince
For low brow humor Austin powers and for highbrow humor Blazing Saddles, Monty Python Holy Grail and Benny Hill but thats not a movie. 😂

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I realize today that I've seen a lot of musicals over and over again because I tend to put them on at the end of semesters for students. Fiddler on the Roof, Jesus Christ Superstar, Singing in the Rain, West Side Story. I'm probably in the minority here in this regard!

Reactions: Merton

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Lonesome Dove, Top Gun. Could keep going but those two poppped in my head first. Like others have said, i could fill in the majority of the dialogue in these films haha

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Blazing Saddles, Airplane, Dr. Strangelove, The Fifth Element, Blade Runner, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, Alien off the top of my head.

I know I’m missing several I watch repeatedly.

Mar 1, 2014
James Cameron "Aliens"
Tragic that the movie hasn't been redone in 4K yet (I'm well aware this movie has some of the worst film grain in history, and I want every spec of it perfectly preserved).

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
LOTR Trilogy
National Treasure
Spiderwick Chronicles
A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version)
The Narnia Movies
Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson version)
The Bourne Identity

Reactions: PipesRock

Kirklands

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2023
Fiddler on the Roof when my kids were young. Then it got too personal when they were teens, and twenty-somethings. Now I think I need to revive it.

Reactions: PipesRock