PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I as pulling your collective leg before, I admit it. I really zip tie all my pipes to the windshield wipers of my car and get the wax treatment. They come out great! I kinda like the bubbles- remind me of when I was a kid.
Easier to tape them to the hood (bonnet) of your car and go through a car wash....gets rid of more schmutz!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
You guys have convinced me of this method. Hot tap water, shank brush and tooth in the bowl.

Only caveat is that stain ran off on a couple of smooth Stanwells. You could see it on the paper towel I used to wipe the stummels dry. It didn't all come off; the pipes remained stained, but the color did run some. I had to make sure the stain ran off evenly by rinsing the entire outside of the pipe.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
You guys have convinced me of this method. Hot tap water, shank brush and tooth in the bowl.

Only caveat is that stain ran off on a couple of smooth Stanwells.

Haven't run into that with water but definitely with alcohol. I screwed up an old estate Color Duke while sanitizing it before I noticed I was stripping the paint right off.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Can you use this method on a meershaum? I have an estate with a shank that could use a good soap brushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.