PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I use two airtight Tupperware boxes about the size of a shoebox, with a big 320 gram Boveda 65% in each with a cheap Govee hygrometer shoved in the front. Conventional wisdom says not to use the airtight Tupperware because the sticks need gentle air circulation. Mine are packed in pretty full and airflow is further inhibited by placing groups of cigars in big zip lock bags for some smidge of organization. Being airtight, it will often get slightly over-humidified, as well, sometimes for extended periods of time. All of that being said, I’ve had zero issues with the setup. The first Boveda I put in is still completely juicy over 2 years later, too.

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
My first humidor was a big mason jar with a little clay disk in it. Worked perfectly fine. I replaced it with a 50 count desktop a few years later which I used until I ran out of room. I’ve had this Staebell Aristocrat Mini for over 20 years. It’s an amazingly functional humidor and a pretty nice piece of furniture too. I just replaced the original 20+ year-old Cigar Oasis unit in December.

IMG_2568.jpeg