PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I use two airtight Tupperware boxes about the size of a shoebox, with a big 320 gram Boveda 65% in each with a cheap Govee hygrometer shoved in the front. Conventional wisdom says not to use the airtight Tupperware because the sticks need gentle air circulation. Mine are packed in pretty full and airflow is further inhibited by placing groups of cigars in big zip lock bags for some smidge of organization. Being airtight, it will often get slightly over-humidified, as well, sometimes for extended periods of time. All of that being said, I’ve had zero issues with the setup. The first Boveda I put in is still completely juicy over 2 years later, too.

Reactions: JOHN72 and PipeIT

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
My first humidor was a big mason jar with a little clay disk in it. Worked perfectly fine. I replaced it with a 50 count desktop a few years later which I used until I ran out of room. I’ve had this Staebell Aristocrat Mini for over 20 years. It’s an amazingly functional humidor and a pretty nice piece of furniture too. I just replaced the original 20+ year-old Cigar Oasis unit in December.

IMG_2568.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well, since posting this, I bought two WoodElric Cigar Tupperdors on Amazon. The acrylic on these is quite thick and sturdy, I was extremely surprised at how nice the quality is, and how rugged they are for the price.

I took out the small plastic humidifier and hydrometer that came with them, and put in two boveda packs in each container. The bottom container, the cigars have been in it almost 4 months and doing great.

WoodElric Cigar Tupperdor On Amazon

Here’s some pics of mine…

IMG_1931.jpeg

Last edited:

johnnyflake

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
For many, many years, I used a couple of 54-quart coolers & Tupperware. Finally, about 14 years
ago I bit the bullet and purchased an Aristocrat Cabinet, fill and forget, very expensive but I have never regretted it, not even for one minute. It's 42" tall X 36" wide X 28" deep.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Wow
Reactions: PipeIT and AreBee

Sig

Lurker
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Wooden humidors and Heartfelt beads Ive had sinse 2004.....they still hold perfect. If you keep them from molding, the beads last forever as far as I know......buy once, cry once.
When I bought my beads 20 years ago I got 70% humidity.
I wish I got 65%, but they work great.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
When I first got into cigars, I certainly bought a wooden, cedar line humidor box, but just getting back into it, of course I was online surfing and reading like crazy.

And when I read all the stories and good reviews on plastic Tupperware, tupperdor like containers, no fuss, no need to season, etc...

I was like sign me up, so naturally I thought why not.

I’m extremely pleased, but I guess it’s my understanding that maybe, it’s not the best way to go for aging, but rather for short term.

All I know is, the top pic I just posted previously, with the least amount of cigars, are all Cuban, I planned on keeping them in for a year before smoking. 🤔