PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am listening to Carl Story and the Rambling Mountaineers performing on the "Songs for Our Savior" CD. Story is another bluegrass musician who grew up in Lenoir, NC. Showed an early aptitude for music and spent his life in it except a three-year stint he served in the Navy from 1943-45. he had over 20 LP's released but none received wide popularity. He was very successful at bluegrass festivals. He died in March 31, 1995. Noted primarily as a bluegrass gospel artist never released any purely gospel LP's.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am listening to Larry Richardson and Red Barker doing "Let Me Fall". Larry Richardson was an extremely talented banjo player in the early years if Bluegrass. This early record feature s Larry singing the lead on "Let Me Fall". As he aged into his 50's he moved over to bluegrass gospel music and cut one of the finest of bluegrass gospel CDs "I'm a Walkin' and a Talkin' with My Lord". He styled himself as the only player of the self-proclaimed bluegrass banjo style. A truly gifted man that got lost in the shuffle of time.

"Let me fall, Let me fall
little girl Let me fall,
Oh, me
Oh, my
Let me fall, little girl, let me fall"

Larry Richardson & Red Barker (And The Blue Ridge Boys) – Self Titled ...

Reactions: Speak Easy