PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1999 Old Gowrie in my Former bamboo billiard.

IMG-1206.png

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 304369
Dark and salty, like a piece of beef jerky??

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Before dinner, Autmn Evening in a '69-'71 Kapmeer Peterson 999 with P-Lip. After dinner, Creme Brulee in the Peterson XL339S second. I guess I have smoked it enough now that the stem now fits snugly and is no longer loose. I'm guessing it had been sitting too long with the prior owner. Interestingly, I removed the stem mid-smoke to check the snugness and the huge shank chamber was filled with thick white smoke. I wonder if this is how a reverse calabash works. I do notice the smoke is generally cooler in this pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.