PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Wrapped up the week with a few sundry ranch chores, some lovely almost seaside-esque cloud banks rolling in, and a bowl of C&D Opening Night in a Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 rusticated bent pot. Paused about a quarter into it, showered off, and resumed. Bliss! 9.2/10

Bird report: White-crowned sparrow, California towhee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Common raven (one of which snagged the recently trapped mouse carcass I left up for grabs in the yard), House finch, Chipping sparrow, Northern flicker, Hairy woodpecker, Purple finch (rare!), Mountain chickadee, Western bluebird, and American robin.

Shabbat shalom!

porto cervo 2.jpg

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5351.jpeg
Five Brothers in my Andreas Bauer straight billiard meerschaum with a sterling silver military mount and acrylic stem.

Once again I bought this as an estate pipe from Germany without original packaging or papers. However, the bowl shape of this pipe is extremely similar to my other A. Bauer 9mm meerschaum, so I don’t doubt its authenticity.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
View attachment 304613
Five Brothers in my Andreas Bauer straight billiard meerschaum with a sterling silver military mount and acrylic stem.

Once again I bought this as an estate pipe from Germany without original packaging or papers. However, the bowl shape of this pipe is extremely similar to my other A. Bauer 9mm meerschaum, so I don’t doubt its authenticity.
Good looking meer.

Brown Clunee in the old DM, in a new ashtray

1000002030.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Working and listening to the Dodgers-Mets game.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

I took a work break after two a.m. only to hear howling and crying outside. It’s been raining for a while, and Daisy the Feral Princess wanted in. Abner the Eager was soaking wet and crying because the also soaking wet Harry the Hairy was doing that mournful howling of his. That really scares all the ferals. Tomato the Brave was hiding under the deck lounge, and wouldn’t budge.

I fed Harry, and let Abner in, and dried him off with a towel for which he was very grateful. He was even more grateful for the food. Unfortunately for me, he wasn’t quite as grateful afterward because he very lightly sprayed an unopened bag of dry food. I put him out, and carried him to the side of deck while Harry restarted his howling. This is the second time in the last two indoor visits that Abner did that. I didn’t think he would do it this time because Sam and the scampers are in the back bathroom. Looks like his second chance is his last, I’m sorry to say, but I can’t have a cat spraying in my house. Past experience has taught me that neutered male cats will still spray, so getting Abner fixed probably wouldn’t solve the problem. I know he misses spending time inside with us, but all we can do is to feed him outside from now on. He's a very sweet boy with a lot of heart, and I wish we could find a home for him.

Last edited:

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
This morning I started my day with Mac Baren 7 Seas Red Blend; which is something I haven't had in quite awhile. It's a pleasantly tart sour cherry blend, and while I don't like it quite as much as Cult Blood Red Moon it's still an easy second place for me when it comes to cherry aromatics and recommended for folks who like the idea of a cherry blend but want something that isn't sweet. It's very similar to the now discontinued Middleton Cherry, but without the bite.

Next up I had some Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening during my evening walk, since it was about 40°F and quite windy, so Autumn Evening felt like an appropriate smoke. I've always loved the mapley flavor of this one, and the rather substantial nicotine content for an aromatic, but man does it ever punch the heck out of my throat and leave it a little sore afterwards. That's Cornell & Diehl's red Virginias for ya though.

Lastly, to wind down the night I smoked some Gawith Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake while watching Late Night with the Devil. There's quite a few more strongly chocolate flavored aromatics out there, but this one is still my favorite due to the darkness and richness that the tiny touch of Latakia adds. It takes what would otherwise be a rather sweet milk chocolate flavor and turns it into a really luxurious dark chocolate with a lot of depth. A great smoke for a cold and blustery early spring night!

IMG20231028071605~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.