PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and am smoking year 2017 E-soterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to Man Behind the Gun from my radio collection. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
First bowl of April (not an April Fools joke) was Savinelli 140th Anniversary in a Stefano Rhodesian, on a brief family walk. Excellent smoke, 9.3/10. Loving this blend!

Bird report: California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, California scrub-jay, Spotted towhee, American crow, Steller's jay, White-crowned sparrow, American tree sparrow, House finch, Mourning dove, Mountain chickadee, Cooper's hawk, and Northern flicker. Oh, and a chicken, but that's just dinner... 😁

View attachment 300106
I love the Stellar's Jay.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed my cats. The ferals are outside, except for Sam the Scamp. We haven't let her go outside, but she gets frequent breaks from confinement with her babies. It won't be long before those littles will want to journey around, and we're making decisions on the best way to handle it. I haven't posted much about them the last few days because there's not been a lot to tell outside of the regular routines.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is year 2012 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Reading baseball box scores.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

One cool thing I haven’t mentioned is that one of the orange babies will grab my finger when I rub it, and lick it. I can't tell if it's the same one as before, though. I can tell that they like me. Sam the Scamp watches while I rub them, and sometimes, she purrs when I do. She is certainly watchful, which is good. :)
BabiesSpread1.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good morning denizens of the net! I thought I would get an early start to the day, drink some coffee, read the morning papers from London and smoke a bowl before kicking off my day. I am looking at a jar of Bosun's Plug and pondering whether to make that my tobacco de jour. First world problems at this time of the day are never a good sign of things to come! I think I will finish up a left over bowl of Bob's CH Flake from last night whilst I ruminate on these issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.