PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Morning all. I have successfully navigated another trip around the sun and to celebrate I'm going to have some DNR's in my Peterson Pub Pipe and a hot mug of coffee. The old body is creaking and groaning in protest but whilst ever the big fella upstairs allows I'll keep on pushing forward.
View attachment 302148
Congrats on a successful orbit!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and black saddle acrylic stem in the military mount style. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. Watching the Braves-Mets game.

Forum won't let me post the pipe photo.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Morning all. I have successfully navigated another trip around the sun and to celebrate I'm going to have some DNR's in my Peterson Pub Pipe and a hot mug of coffee. The old body is creaking and groaning in protest but whilst ever the big fella upstairs allows I'll keep on pushing forward.
View attachment 302148
Happy Birthday!

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I'm parked out on the porch at sunset trying out Watch City Rouxgaroux for the first time, in the Morgan Bones Milan.

IMG20240409194012~2.jpg

I can tell straight away that this is going to be one of those blends that takes me at least a few bowls to figure out, because there is a lot going on here! In terms of flavors I'm getting autumn leaf litter, whole wheat bread, ripe plum minus the sweetness, peppercorn, and hay in that order. It's a really lovely mix with the mature red Virginias out front, the perique close behind, and the bright Virginia hanging out somewhere in the background. I've read that there's a red wine casing on one of the Virginias, though my taste buds don't seem to be sharp enough to detect it.

Altogether it's all very tasty and quite smooth on the tongue, though the retrohale is pretty spicy and zingy; which is no surprise considering the substantial amounts of red Virginia and perique. For me the nicotine content seems to be just past the medium threshold, enough that it caught me a little off guard and admittedly led me to set the pipe down halfway through to finish later.

I'd say Rouxgaroux is easily the most stout VaPer I've smoked thus far, though that's no bad thing at all and it's not nearly as frightening as the name would imply! It's a deliciously complex blend with a lot to offer, and it's nice to have VaPer that seems best suited to cooler weather since I usually think of VaPers as light summertime smokes. This one definitely has an autumnal vibe though, and I dig it!puffy

Last edited:

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
View attachment 302148
Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.