PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaron h

Might Stick Around
Feb 4, 2022
Washington state
About a third of a bowl left of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
View attachment 126791
Beautiful pipe Jim! Hey in your experience does Yorktown change much with age? Do you pick up much nuance with the blend? I tried in a few years back and I pretty much got grassy/hay and not much sweetness from the Virginia’s. It could have been a multitude of factors including the fact that it was pretty fresh when I smoked it... I was just curious what your thoughts were?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Beautiful pipe Jim! Hey in your experience does Yorktown change much with age? Do you pick up much nuance with the blend? I tried in a few years back and I pretty much got grassy/hay and not much sweetness from the Virginia’s. It could have been a multitude of factors including the fact that it was pretty fresh when I smoked it... I was just curious what your thoughts were?
I haven't smoked aged Yorktown, so I can't answer your question. I am aging some that I bought last year, but I'm letting it age further before I try it. Some day in the future, I'll try it aged. As there's a decent amount of gold Va. in the mix, I would imagine it would lose some of the sparkle over time.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Kendal Kentucky in a Meer...​

b3R91Oz.jpg
What in the Duce is that Dave?

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
First smoke in a recently acquired estate pipe. A handsome Armemilli, Sumerler, Fatte A Mano (Hand Made) flame grain, sitter. Half bent acrylic with a silver band.
It almost has a reverse volcano shape to it, if that is such a thing?
I’m smoking Sutliff Match 20 with The Glenlivet 12 yr Scotch.
image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It is freezing here in Tampa, Florida. I am debating what I am going to smoke if I can brave the chilly evening! rotf
@condorlover1 Been very windy ?️ here in England; reminds me of the day I went to see the Sealed Knot and Dad says I spent all day trying to light my clay pipe:)
Going litter picking when the storm has passed!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.