Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Peterson Flake in a Pete POY X160

53109698421_2ff0cf3d45_k.jpg

Silverwing

Might Stick Around
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
At Madre’s having some well aged Bayou Morning and sweet tea with moonshine with my step dad on the back porch after cooking the family a dish for dinner that comes from where my mom raised me, we had low country boil.

The past few times I have come over, I’ve brought a couple pipes and a few tobaccos and let my step dad pick through them and choose one, which we would then smoke. Well the past couple times I’ve come over he takes the first opportunity to go outside and wait on the porch for me. It’s cracking my mom and I up.

He’s one of those really reserved older guys where trying to get him to say he enjoyed something is like pulling teeth. He would never admit it, but he wouldn’t be able to make it more obvious if he put up a billboard. He is waiting with bated breath to have that next bowl!

We are conspiring to get him a cob for Father’s Day. I’ve very much enjoyed introducing him to piping.

Out of Mac Baren London Blend, C&D awakened elder and bayou morning, he chose bayou morning, to my surprise. Even more surprising is my mom liked the tin note.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 6

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed wonderful company this afternoon. Just great people. While they were here, I smoked a bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

I followed that up with a bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Currently, I am a third of the way through this bowl of 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Braves-Mets game starts before long.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
At Madre’s having some well aged Bayou Morning and sweet tea with moonshine with my step dad on the back porch after cooking the family a dish for dinner that comes from where my mom raised me, we had low country boil.

The past few times I have come over, I’ve brought a couple pipes and a few tobaccos and let my step dad pick through them and choose one, which we would then smoke. Well the past couple times I’ve come over he takes the first opportunity to go outside and wait on the porch for me. It’s cracking my mom and I up.

He’s one of those really reserved older guys where trying to get him to say he enjoyed something is like pulling teeth. He would never admit it, but he wouldn’t be able to make it more obvious if he put up a billboard. He is waiting with bated breath to have that next bowl!

We are conspiring to get him a cob for Father’s Day. I’ve very much enjoyed introducing him to piping.

Out of Mac Baren London Blend, C&D awakened elder and bayou morning, he chose bayou morning, to my surprise. Even more surprising is my mom liked the tin note.
Great story
Nice choice on the Bayou Morning, too :)